+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I finished work last Friday at exactly 35 weeks pregnant. This past week has been BOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG GG considering I cant actually do much at home by myself anyway and DP takes my car to work so Im stuck at home.
    But, in saying that, there is no way I could have worked longer. My pelvis has well and truly had it and bubs started engaging last Friday so my body is just wrecked. Im glad I stopped working when I did cos even though I am bored out of my mind, my body needs the rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our work doesn't have a policy, they are happy for us to finish up when we feel ready. Its pretty cruisy in our office. They have just moved me to a less stressful team which is good because I have been suffering from HG which has made me pretty unreliable being in and out of hospital at the moment. I'm still aiming to finish at about 39 weeks. I don't want to eat too much into my annual leave as I want to use it to top up the paid maternity leave from the government. I might cut my hours back beforehand though. I just have to hope that the HG goes away enough for me to function properly
    With DS I finished at about 34 weeks but I didn't have a choice - my BP was far too high and I was told to stop immediately. Luckily I had enough sick and annual leave that covered me until DS was born

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went off 5 weeks before due date and it was great!! I was struggling to continue my 12 hour day/night shifts.
    I did go a bit mental just wanting bub out but also it was so nice organising his bedroom and beaching myself on the couch watching movies all day!
    Enjoy it I reckon I never have those days anymore with a 1yo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I've always worked to 39 weeks. I get bored easily and my job involved sitting so it wasn't strenuous. I figured I wanted my maternity leave to last as long as possible after the baby arrived and not before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    36 weeks with DS, I was exhausted and it was lovely to go on leave. He was born two weeks later.

I'm planning to go at 35 with this one, I know how tired I will be and it can use the time to wash, clean and cook whilst DS is at daycare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a 6 week confinement period but I'm hoping to get a certificate & finish at 4 weeks before due date. My job is office based but my role is full on, I have no idea how I will even make it to that point! I have no idea how I'm currently surviving!

But I do want some time to relax and indulge a little but to also not be on leave for too long before the birth & have to go back before bubs 1st bday if it's late!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I intended to work 'til 36 weeks but changed my mind and have just told them I'll be out of there at 34. Back pain is driving me insane and my babies tend to come a bit early, so I want a chance to rest a bit.

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm starting mine at 36 weeks, the next fortnight will never end ! Thankfully I have this weekend off to regroup. Working in the disability industry is awesomely satisfying, but physically and mentally draining. I've about had it with several of my slack arsed colleagues, honestly, who follows around a 34 week preggo to talk about some stupidly gruesome moronic movie they downloaded illegally? Especially when the lady is one step away from running just to complete everything that's been let slide by the talker? Hmm, can't half tell it's all getting to me . Cannot wait to take things at a slower pace.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I worked until 38 weeks. The doc at my hospital checkup happily wrote me a note to say I was fine to work. I have an office job but I guess if u were doing something more demanding it would be harder to work that long.

I'm an organised person so I didn't need or want 6 weeks at home and if rather b at work earning $$

Thanks
    Reviews
    My work is 6 weeks too, but there are 4 of us pregnant and all going to work until 2 weeks before our dates. Obviously I will see how I feel when it gets closer but I don't want to waste the extra 4 weeks watching movies at home when that means 4 weeks less with the baby before I have to go back to work. My job is a pretty relaxed office enviro though and management are great so I can make the decision at anytime. I've already started training my replacement and I'm not due until mid August so they are happy to go with the flow as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast