+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haha my boss would have a heart attack. Its happened to him before and he actually had the nerve to ask her if she could come in and train her replacement!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first I finished work 8 weeks before my due date and she was 2 weeks late. I was bored out of my mind and twiddling my thumbs waiting for her to arrive.
    With DD2 I made sure that I would work closer to the due date so when my OB told me he would be delivering her by c/s then I stopped working 3 weeks before that date. I thought 2-3 weeks was perfect to get things ready and have a rest before Bubs arrive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I worked part time til 40 weeks first time (dd born at 41 weeks), and worked til 41 weeks second time around (ds was born that night). Is cutting down hours an option so you can continue working later?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I finishes work at 30 weeks.., it was great. That was Christmas so didn't see the point in going back to work in the new year for 1 or 2 weeks, I didn't get bored at all, I caught up with friends, had afternoon naps, went and had massages, crossed things off my 'before the baby' list, it was so hot in Perth at the time so I was happy that I could just chill out in the house when it was too hot to leave :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm planning on working til 34 weeks. After this time, I require a certificate from my work. Yes I could continue if all is ok and I get a certificate - will I want to? Probably not!

My job involves a lot of travel by car and some night work, which I have enough trouble with now on the fatigue side of things (a bit over 18 weeks) so I highly doubt I will be wanting to continue past 34 weeks. I'd be more than happy to go on leave now if it were a realistic option. I will be opting to travel less and change duties once I get to around the 28 week mark I reckon.

I have study and hobbies outside of work to keep me busy - I doubt very much I will get bored at home. I don't get to spend very much time at home as it is now, so to me, time at home before the birth is a very appealing option. I've worked full time with the same employer for 9 years now - other than 3 weeks off for my wedding/honeymoon and then a 6 week overseas trip on LSL, most of my annual leave is only taken in chunks of a week or less!

I have about 3 weeks LSL and 3 weeks annual leave up my sleeve, intend on using them before the birth. I'll then have 46 weeks off afterwards, a combination of employer leave on half pay, plus PPL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My work policies states:

Parental Leave for primary care givers must begin:
    1. in the period commencing no earlier than six weeks before the anticipated birth of the child; and
    2. no later than the birth of the child; or
    3. in the case of adoption, no later than the placement of the child.
    So i guess i can pick really - but i will be opting to leave at 33.5wks along so i can use my annual leave first and better manage a few issues i may have (depends on later scans). I'm due 2.5wks after my annual 12mths service so waiting to hear back if i've met all requirements and can commence leave at 33wks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Worked until 38.5 weeks and then waited...and got really bored...until DD arrived at 41 weeks.

Next time though I'll finish earlier so I can have some time just DD and me before the new baby arrives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First bub I finished 12 days before EDD and I was induced 11 days over...

This one I will be finishing 5 days before EDD and I hope she doesn't come late because sitting around waiting was the most boring thing ever!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a bit stuck with this one myself. I've been reading up on being pregnant at work and how to prepare for leaving... but I am really not one of those women who wants to be in the office right until the last minute, I'm afraid.

I want to get everything ready well in advance, including myself... and that doesn't include stressing out at work.
    Last edited by Mod-Nomsie; 25-04-2013 at 17:18. Reason: link to website removed

Thanks
    Reviews
    I finished work 2&1/2 weeks before my induction date (which was 5days before my due date)

DS obviously didn't want to wait though and my waters went on my 4th day off. DS arrived a couple of days later at exactly 38 weeks.

I plan to stop working 1 month early next time as I hadn't really organised anything....