+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I went off 2 weeks before, and DD was born day after due date. For me that was a perfect amount of time, but I had a very easy pregnancy and an office job, so I probably could have kept working longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will be taking maternity leave from July, 6 weeks before due date (Aug 16), just to have some rest as work can be pretty stressful. Am taking two weeks annual leave in April also just to have a small break as I find myself completely exhausted on work days. Will also help break up the time waiting for bubs lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last edited by Cinderella82; 10-08-2013 at 22:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm taking 3 and a half weeks off before due date. I figure the later I go, the more time I can stay with bub before having to return next year

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm the same. Have to stop at 6 weeks prior unless you get signed off. I could have gotten signed off but honestly I was getting dangerous driving home from work because I was so tired that I couldn't remember how I got home half the time .
    Physically I could have kept going for another two to three weeks but I'm at the point now where I need to nap for at least an hour in the afternoon or I'm exhausted so 6 weeks was probably the cut off for me anyway. They would have let me sleep in the afternoon (I wasn't doing anything vital) but I felt bad hanging around doing very little and then sleeping lmao.

I remember starting a new temp job at 36 weeks when I was pregnant with DS. I lasted about 3 days. I don't know how people keep working right up until after their due date, I think anyone that can do that is absolutely amazing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm taking the recommended 6 wks before due date. Due 5th Sept, so will finish up work on 25th July

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    I am hoping to work until 36weeks depending how the pregnancy goes. We haven't told work yet so will discuss with them at a later date. I think I will see if I can look at reduced hours before going on leave

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was hoping to work for as long as possible but I'm already finding my little belly at 21 weeks getting in the way! There's a lot of lifting in my job and I can see it being a problem as I get bigger. I can go and work in the office if I really want to but that will make the weeks drag forever!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My work is the same you need a med cert to work past 34 weeks. I worked up till 38 weeks and DD was 7days over. I went stir crazy so will probably work up till due date next time. I think it really depends on the pregnancy and the job you do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was supposed to work until 37 weeks and actually wanted to work longer because I knew I'd get bored but my work wouldn't let me. Ended up having DS at 36 weeks, whoops. The 'I can't come into work today because my waters just broke' went down a treat