+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mama and her little bear View Post
    actually the trolley boy ARE expected to check the ENTIRE shops perimeter for trolleys and collect them all not just the ones in the bay, it is what they are payed to do (and if you fail to do so you get your **** fired)

They also do a short distance away from the shopping centre (across the road at the park etc etc) and another crew do street run in a van to collect trolleys dumped else where,

I know that for fact.

They only do that as some people can't be bothered to put them back in the trolly bay!!

All these people who are saying they do it to keep these people in a job, how about making their job easier and putting them back in the bay, she these guys aren't running around picking up your trolleys..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ~BEXTER~ For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (02-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
    Yes I do. All the time.
    Yes it's the trolley collectors job to collect the trolleys, but why do you think they have trolley bays? The trolley collectors actual job is to take them from the bays to the shops...if people didn't leave strays it would make their job a lot easier. It's our job as customers to put the trolleys in the trolley bay.
    Our JOB as a customer? Ooooh, I didn't realise we got paid for returning them!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    Lol yer you don't get payed but it is common curtesy toward the people around you and there property

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nowhere For This Useful Post:

Barnaby  (02-03-2013),LaDiDah  (02-03-2013),Rarity  (02-03-2013),~BEXTER~  (03-03-2013)

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I find it freekin hilarious that some parents won't leave their child in a car to quickly return a trolley but have no problem strapping them into a car, driving on the freeway at 100km/h. The latter is a million times more dangerous and most of us do that several times a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always put mine back. Usually I load the shopping in the car (our trolleys have breaks, especially the ones with the baby seats or the 2 seater ones), then the kids, then take the trolley back. If its hot I either put the air-con on or take the kids with me. I can always see the car from the trolley bay.

In answer to the poster about getting petrol. I leave the kids in the car. They're 3.5 and 1.5. I can see the car from the checkout and always wait till theres no line before I go in (country town so theres generally no one else there anyway).

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by threechooks View Post
    I find it freekin hilarious that some parents won't leave their child in a car to quickly return a trolley but have no problem strapping them into a car, driving on the freeway at 100km/h. The latter is a million times more dangerous and most of us do that several times a week
    I don't leave my daughter In the car unattended I carry her or have her in the trolley on the way back and carry her back or I push her in her wheelchair same as I do around the shop, I never leave on her own

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    You would return them if you had a $2 coin in it wouldn't you?
    As someone said, its common curtesy. It's annoying when you go to get a trolley outside the store and there aren't any there, isn't it? Well that's what happens when the trolley collectors are running through the car park looking for stray trolleys instead of just retrieving the trolleys from the trolley bay and taking them back to the front of the store.
    Last edited by Rarity; 02-03-2013 at 21:44.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rarity For This Useful Post:

~BEXTER~  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Just wondering - those who don't take the trolley back to the bay, where exactly do you leave it?
    If there is something to hook the wheels over to keep it stationary, I'll do that. Otherwise I'll leave it adjacent to a pole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    Ones that don't put them back would you be annoyed if a trolley rolled into your car and dented it ? Would you feel bad if your trolley hit another car ? Just curious
    That is why I am always careful to put them somewhere as secure as possible. I put them where I am confident they will stay until someone else moves them.
    Last edited by sweetseven; 02-03-2013 at 21:48.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetseven For This Useful Post:

cantwait1  (03-03-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (02-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ones that don't put them back would you be annoyed if a trolley rolled into your car and dented it ? Would you feel bad if your trolley hit another car ? Just curious

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do, and I will only slot them in against a trolley from the same store - Woolies against Woolies etc. I will pull out a non matching trolley in order to slot like with like trolleys. It's my one OCD habit.