+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My car HAS been victim to a stray trolley, and man it p*ssed me off! There is nothing like returning to your car (with small child and trolley full of groceries) to find a trolley leaning against the front panel of your (new) car and one big ol' dent and a whole lot of scratches on the paint job. Thanks to that person, who likely thought to herself 'but I have my children, and it's raining, and someone else will collect it for me', I was out of pocket a lot of money.

I always return mine.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barnaby For This Useful Post:

babycart  (03-03-2013),HarvestMoon  (02-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    This is why I loathed grocery shopping in Melbourne. Not only did you have to a coin in for the trolley but you also had to get a ticket (for free 3 hour parking) just to park at the shopping centre. Absolute nightmare on a really hot or busy day, because the ticket machines were never near the trolley bays. I would pull up at the ticket machine, grab a ticket then park near a trolley bay. Then unload the groceries into the car and go over to the trolley bay with the kids in the trolley to get my $2 back then carry a baby and a toddler back to the car.

There were oldies and young people who would take the trolley back for you so long as they got to keep the $$. Tell you some days it was worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I always put them back. It irritates me when people don't. Especially when people leave them in parking spots. I can understand if somebody truly couldn't put it back because they've had to put three kids in their car or their toddler is throwing a tantrum, but when people don't put it back out of pure laziness, that irritates me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (02-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep! I take DD with me in the trolley, then carry her back to the car. I wouldn't want a stray trolley hitting my car through no fault of my own!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I do. All the time.
    Yes it's the trolley collectors job to collect the trolleys, but why do you think they have trolley bays? The trolley collectors actual job is to take them from the bays to the shops...if people didn't leave strays it would make their job a lot easier. It's our job as customers to put the trolleys in the trolley bay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Always!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    My children are a bit older now, but when I have several little ones, I always appreciated finding stray trolleys.
    Thank You, I love the stray trolley... They make my day so much easier. I can chuck the baby in and contain the runner 4 yr old who has no fear at all. Cars what cars

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you can't put them back because you have kids, how do you get them to the trolley in the first place?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttermilk For This Useful Post:

Hannahly  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttermilk View Post
    If you can't put them back because you have kids, how do you get them to the trolley in the first place?
    They walk inside with me.
    But after having them tip the trolley once while I was putting groceries in the car I always put them in their seats first, don't like the thought of the trolley rolling away either.
    I'm not going to strap my kids in, load the groceries, get the kids out, walk across the car park and back again.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsOhara For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If its not 40 degrees (with bub in the car) an the trolley bay is not to far then yes.

Oh and I appreciate a stray trolley because I don't have to carry my toddler for a few miles