+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have always put them away, except for once or twice (and I can't even remember why, there must have been a reason), tantrums or something. I've done it every time other than that once or twice, but I still just don't see why people are getting so upset about it. Don't get me wrong, like I said before it is annoying when they are left in the bays - but even then, it doesn't make me angry or anything.

Re the shopping bays, two of the centres here are good, one is bad. The one that is bad is the oldest one.

As to that poor woman - well that was enough to put the fear of god in me. I think it is totally acceptable to leave children in the car while paying for petrol as long as you can see them and you are in and out etc, but I can't bring myself to do it anymore after that. I just don't trust that that kind of thing won't happen to me. Ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
    She was told she shouldn't have been fined in the first place. The fine itself seemed made up and inconsistent, which confused her.

At my local shopping centers there are bays in every row, or every second row. I can't think of anywhere that has any less. It must be different for other states. I've never ever been in a car park an struggled to find one in the time that I have been driving (5 years).

I don't really get it when people don't put trolleys away, but it is a first world problem. I just don't understand how people are so afraid of walking their kids to put the trolley away but have no issue doing so to get to the actual shop in the first place. The risk isn't any different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Your damned if you do, damned if you don't with the whole leaving kids in the car or take them in while paying for petrol. I don't think any action is the right or wrong thing, just what works for you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rarity For This Useful Post:

beebs  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg beebs why don't you park closer to a trolley bay then? And don't most shopping have parents with children shopping right out front? If a mere 15m walk to too far.
    Seriously I wonder if some of you would have lasted five minutes 100yrs ago when there were no cars or special parks to ya shopping or all the mod cons we have for parenting this day in age.
    Coat it how ya like but I think ya just lazy and would rather inconvenience others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a ruptured cruciate and a ruptured ligament in my ankle and walking is painful. If I've already done shops, I'm already in pain. Nevertheless I put it away but I do so grudgingly. If I have multiple children with me I don't.

I noticed when I moved to qld that people don't put trolleys away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I cannot believe how worked up some people are getting over this...

At the moment, I don't take my trolley back. I'm 25 weeks pregnant with a 4.5 and 2.5 year old and in a full leg brace so on the times I don't have a choice and go to the shops, I put it in the closest possible place to my car that it won't roll and hit someone else's car.

Usually I do put it back though. Just because it's habit now and DS2 likes 'helping' to push it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

becandabub  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Omigod Chances, can you read? Seriously - can you? Did you read where I said said I had not put a trolley back in the bay once or twice in my entire life? Where I said that even though I hadn't put it in the bay that time I pushed it up against the walls where there were no cars able to park around? About how not everywhere has trolley bays every 15 meters. Or did you just jump right in without actually reading anything that was posted.

All I am saying is, at the end of the day - who really cares? Obviously you, maybe you need to get a hobby or something.

Quote Originally Posted by chances View Post
    Omg beebs why don't you park closer to a trolley bay then? And don't most shopping have parents with children shopping right out front? If a mere 15m walk to too far.
    Seriously I wonder if some of you would have lasted five minutes 100yrs ago when there were no cars or special parks to ya shopping or all the mod cons we have for parenting this day in age.
    Coat it how ya like but I think ya just lazy and would rather inconvenience others.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

becandabub  (03-03-2013),Eko  (03-03-2013),Guest654  (03-03-2013),peanutmonkey  (03-03-2013),Purple Lily  (03-03-2013),VanityFey  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    I have a ruptured cruciate and a ruptured ligament in my ankle and walking is painful. If I've already done shops, I'm already in pain. Nevertheless I put it away but I do so grudgingly. If I have multiple children with me I don't.

I noticed when I moved to qld that people don't put trolleys away.
    OT i know but Gosh I feel your pain, I have a ruptured ACL that hasn't been repaired yet and dislocated my knee recently. The pain sux!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I rarely have a trolley if DS is with me, as i find i dont usually buy that much at supermarkets, but on the odd occasion I do if its not raining or not hot I'll take him with me to bring them back to the supermarket , I shop mainly at IGA and the bigger one which is the better one , the car park is underneath and they have no trolley bays as they are all the coin ones so if you have to walk up 2 ramps and outside the car park and go back into the supermarket to put it back and the one closer to home also has no trolley bays and has a huge outdoor car park , which again you have to walk back into the supermarket ( out of sight of the car park) to put in back so I usually only buy what I can carry to save the stress!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't believe how worked up people have gotten over a f*cking trolley lol.
    Definitely a first world problem!

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrsOhara For This Useful Post:

beebs  (03-03-2013),delirium  (03-03-2013),Eko  (03-03-2013),peanutmonkey  (03-03-2013),RobinSparkles  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've only read some replies...it's getting a little heated!

Yes, I put my trolley back in the bays.

On a VERY rare occasion where there is no trolley bay in sight I will place it somewhere where it cannot possibly roll & cause damage to a car.

I'd never leave it in a car spot or anywhere that would prevent another car from being able to park.