+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't drive, and I am currently pregnant with my first so perhaps my attitude will change, but surely there is a compromise between returning your trolley to a trolley bay if its too far/you don't want to leave your children unattended/etc and leaving it carelessly lying around?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's kind of like saying you shouldn't be mad if someone vandalizes your house, because its just what happens when you live in x suburb or something.

It's about respect for other people's property. I don't go out expecting that someone is going to harm my car, it does happen, but it shouldn't happen if people had the respect and common curtesy. The fact is, not everyone does, and that's a shame

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rarity For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (03-03-2013),Buttermilk  (03-03-2013),HarvestMoon  (03-03-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttermilk View Post
    Yes I do, we have to put money in them here. And our trolley boys still have a job
    I have 2 young kids and seriously have never had an issue taking it back. My neighbour constantly brings them home cause he walks his groceries home, then leaves them on the street outside MY house! Drives me insane, and if I don't report them they start to gather. I once had 5 out there. Bloody twit.
    There's nothing worse than trolleys out the front of a house. My neighbours do it, I'm currently looking at 2.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

beebs  (03-03-2013),Buttermilk  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by thepouts View Post
    There's nothing worse than trolleys out the front of a house. My neighbours do it, I'm currently looking at 2.
    That would drive me crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chances View Post
    Lol I just think its crazy that people can't leave their kids in a locked car for 10 seconds to put a trolley back!

Breaking the law lol I would like to see a police man issue a ticket for that. Most trolley bays are less than 15metres from all cars what's the big deal. Excuses excuses.
    It depends how hot it is. I did groceries last week and it was extremely hot. Even with air con turned up to max at 4 bub was all red and sweaty when I got her out of the car so there is no way I would leave her In a very hot cAr by herself. I was also not going to walk to the other side of the car park so that we could both get sunburnt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    LOL, this is quite amusing...
    But to add my 2c...I put my trolley back I reckon 80% of the time...the times I don't is when I have my bub with me and it is very hot outside. I don't like leaving him in the trolley when I unpack it because I am concerned it may roll into traffic while I am loading the car (as it gets lighter it rolls more), or may get hit by another moron in the car park. Also I don't like him sitting in the boiling sun. So I put him in the roasting car usually with the car/air con on. If the car is running I don't like to leave it in case of theft with the keys in the ignition. And I wouldn't leave him in a car that is in excess of 40 degrees for any longer than absolutely necessary.

Long story short - I will leave my trolley in the nearest SAFE location.
    Doesn't bother me if people don't like this, I'll put my child first in this circumstance, and the rest of the year I'll return the trolley - when he can sit in the car and its not boiling hot, and the trolley bay is within eye sight.
    I do the same. I find it hard to stop the trolley from rolling while I unload it, so I put DD in the car first, then turn the engine on to cool the car down, and then unload the trolley.

Whether I put it back then depends on how near the bay is, but I don't like walking far from the car with DD in it and the engine running. I do make sure I leave it somewhere safe though. (At my local place there are concrete sticky out things you can wedge it behind, so I often leave it there with all the other trolleys.)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    photo.JPGDrives me insane!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Buttermilk; 03-03-2013 at 09:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
    I take the youngest with me to put the trolley back, and carry her back. I'd leave them both in the car, but I risk one of them killing the other or if I take both I carry the youngest and the eldest holds my hand. I have never felt like it was a risk walking through the car park with my 2.

Honestly, child services are not going to take your child away from you for leaving your child in the car for 10 seconds. Someone posted a snippet of the law, and I agree, the keyword was 'unreasonable'. Putting a trolley away is not an unreasonable amount of time.
    I think this is where people need to realise in different states in different shopping centres the situation isnt always going to be the same it isnt always going to be 10 seconds and its not just an excuse.

At my local major shopping centre there are sections of huge car parks with not a trolley bay in sight. Not my fault. Id really like to know what option i have other than to leave it where it wont roll away.

I guess i could tie it to my car and tow it around looking for a bay

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

beebs  (03-03-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by goosezilla View Post
    Yes. I always do. I find it incredibly annoying if someone leaves a trolley in a car space or out in the open.

I have caught people doing it before, so I quickly grab the trolley they dumped and put it behind their car.

I let them know what I have done, so they don't hit it. But I make damn sure they know I think they are lazy.
    Now that is just silly. What are you going to do one day when you pick the wrong car and some feral throws a punch at you because you were playing silly buggers. As annoying as you may find it and whatever short term happiness you gain by deliberately aggravating someone, it's not worth the risk of harm to yourself. That person isn't going to think "jeez maybe I shouldn't do that next time", they're going to think "jeez what an anal-retentive twit, I wonder if I can scare her with my car and almost run her over on my way out of the carpark"

Just decide next time whether giving a lesson on morals is worth your personal safety.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

delirium  (03-03-2013),Kiplusthree  (03-03-2013),LoveLivesHere  (03-03-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (03-03-2013),mrsoptomistic  (03-03-2013),VanityFey  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I shop online. Case closed.

When I have a car I shop at Aldi for some things and the bay is right there next to the park so I do return them to get my little aldi coin back.

Trolleys are so dodgy considering what they're worth lol. Apparently a heated topic! Maybe it should come with a trigger warning lol.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kiplusthree For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (03-03-2013)