+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Haven't read whole thread (seems from last few posts I should lol) but yeah I put trolleys away. I just lock the car and take the kids with me. If its a hot day I will do it in the morning or get them delivered online

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep, I see it as exercise! Haha

3. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Rarity  (03-03-2013)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    or Zeus having a bad day and shooting lightning bolts at my car.
    Bahahahahahahahaha

Sent from my Unicorn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. I always do. I find it incredibly annoying if someone leaves a trolley in a car space or out in the open.

I have caught people doing it before, so I quickly grab the trolley they dumped and put it behind their car.

I let them know what I have done, so they don't hit it. But I make damn sure they know I think they are lazy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to goosezilla For This Useful Post:

Rarity  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I usually put them back, because I go shopping on my own, but if I have the kids with me I don't. But as a pp said, the other day there was one right next to the car, and I took it and thought it was way better than having to go over to the trolley bay to get one.

As for leaving kids unattended in cars - doesn't matter if you decide that it is safe or not. It is in fact illegal to leave anyone under 12 in a car for any length of time unattended. I am not one to break the law, so I will always choose that law first.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I put them back 95% of the time (or DS1 does so he can keep the money in it lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post

As for leaving kids unattended in cars - doesn't matter if you decide that it is safe or not. It is in fact illegal to leave anyone under 12 in a car for any length of time unattended. I am not one to break the law, so I will always choose that law first.
    Not that I am suggesting people leave their children in cars for extended periods of time but there is no particular 'age' at which it is illegal to leave your child in a car, it is a rather grey area but ultimately comes down to their maturity/safety. I have no problem leaving my 6 year sitting in his seat for the all of 10 seconds it takes to put a trolley back but to be honest couldn't really care less if someone left a trolley as long as it doesn't scratch my car - because then they would be dead!!!!!!!!

Edited to add - I just saw there is a law in QLD only that states " A person who, having the lawful care or charge of a child under 12 years, leaves the child for an unreasonable time without making reasonable provision for the supervision and care of the child during that time commits a misdemeanour."
    I think the key there is 'unreasonable"
    Last edited by Hootenanny; 03-03-2013 at 08:02. Reason: added info on QLD law

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hootenanny For This Useful Post:

babycart  (03-03-2013),Rarity  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lol I just think its crazy that people can't leave their kids in a locked car for 10 seconds to put a trolley back!

Breaking the law lol I would like to see a police man issue a ticket for that. Most trolley bays are less than 15metres from all cars what's the big deal. Excuses excuses.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chances For This Useful Post:

kw123  (03-03-2013),Rarity  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It depends, most times yes, if its pouring rain I make sure its not in a car space and stable, but I only have one child so its no problem to leave him strapped in the seat of the trolley to the bay and then get him out. He is 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    He he!! What a funny course this thread has taken!

I only have one small person. I strap her in her seat to unload the groceries then get her out to take the trolley back. It only takes me a minute & I'd rather the extra time spent than leaving her in the car. I've got a few trolley dings on my car so prefer to return it to the bay but I really don't care much if someone else doesn't.

Re: petrol - I always take her in with me. Even if she's asleep, I'd rather wake her. I can think of nothing worse than something happening because I didn't want to unstrap & restrap her. She's only a bubby though so I might feel differently when she's running if she won't stay nearby. I can see both sides but for me at this time I won't leave her unattended anywhere for any reason.

ETA: Actually, I'll never leave her locked in the car. My mother used to leave me & do whole grocery shops. I hated it & was petrified. I hope DD is easy to take in & out of the petrol station as a toddler because it's what my future holds!!
    Last edited by becandabub; 03-03-2013 at 08:31.