+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemissellie View Post
    Putting "Others" first, means anyone other than yourself.

You did label people on here as selfish

Putting their childs safety first is not a selfish act.

Any way im not keen for an argument, each to their own
    Actually I would argue that putting your child's alleged safety above common courtesy is selfish.

But whatever! We will have to agree to disagree!

Note: please don't insinuate that I would endanger my child to comply with societal expectations of decency. I just don't think that leaving a child in a locked car while I return a trolley endangers them in any way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh boy, i think this thread has run its course

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    LMAO... I love that people are arguing over the morality of someone who does or doesn't put trolleys back.

It's a trolley FFS.

Only on the internet...

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

babycart  (03-03-2013),Blue Dragon  (03-03-2013),delirium  (03-03-2013),Guest654  (03-03-2013),HugsBunny  (03-03-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (02-03-2013),Purple Lily  (02-03-2013),sjay  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel like some kind of criminal

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Blue Dragon  (03-03-2013),delirium  (03-03-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (02-03-2013),Stiflers Mom  (02-03-2013)

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    LMAO... I love that people are arguing over the morality of someone who does or doesn't put trolleys back.

It's a trolley FFS.

Only on the internet...
    Pmsl

I get annoyed when trolleys are laying about but yer don't think it's a moral issue lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    This has turned so hilarious. arguing about trolleys. Omg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    I actually remember one time, several years ago, when I got frustrated at repeatedly not finding stray trolleys in the car park when I needed them. So to be helpful to others, I collected several trolleys from the store and spent time spreading them out amongst the carpark. (This was only a one off, but I thought that if I was helping other people out that would make up for my earlier frustrations.)
    I love it when there is a stray trolley right next to my car when I park and I can just grab it and pop my kids in rather than try and wrangle them into the shops or closest trolley bay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    My bad. I rarely put trolleys away cos i'm blooming lazy when it comes to it. DH generally will nag me if I dont. The only times I do it is if its right near the car. And I dont particularly park near them either.
    The only trolley bays in the carpark where I am are the ones out the front of the store.

Considering my car is 40+ degrees when I get back to it, all my cold food goes warm and my icecream melts by the time i take the trolley back and come back to the car.

Don't want food poisoning!

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mama and her little bear View Post
    what about when you haveto leave them completely out of sight?
    you can LOOSE your child for leaving them out of sight in a car, it is a docs reportable thing and if someone calls the police you can loose your child for it and yes I tihnk leaving your child locked in a car on a 30+ degree day for ANY reason is dangerous to them!
    I don't care to be honest of people take them back or not I wold prefer they did but I won't loose sleep over it, but trolleys have these things in them calls toddler seats the same seats they sit in when you pus it round the shops so if the child can't walk the ca go in there if they ca walk the the can walk next to you of they use a wheelchair they ca drive that or mum can push trolley and drive or push the chair. I wouldn't suggest leaving a kid in the car

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    LOL, this is quite amusing...
    But to add my 2c...I put my trolley back I reckon 80% of the time...the times I don't is when I have my bub with me and it is very hot outside. I don't like leaving him in the trolley when I unpack it because I am concerned it may roll into traffic while I am loading the car (as it gets lighter it rolls more), or may get hit by another moron in the car park. Also I don't like him sitting in the boiling sun. So I put him in the roasting car usually with the car/air con on. If the car is running I don't like to leave it in case of theft with the keys in the ignition. And I wouldn't leave him in a car that is in excess of 40 degrees for any longer than absolutely necessary.

Long story short - I will leave my trolley in the nearest SAFE location.
    Doesn't bother me if people don't like this, I'll put my child first in this circumstance, and the rest of the year I'll return the trolley - when he can sit in the car and its not boiling hot, and the trolley bay is within eye sight.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (03-03-2013)