+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2 sleeps till due date

Hi all

I am shocked to have not gone into labour yet & can say I am becoming fearful of going over & facing induction

This is my third pregnancy

My first I was induced at 41 weeks & spent 24 hours on labour which I will never forget. I had a 7pound son

My second I had naturally ( my water just broke) at 39 weeks on the dot & a lot simpler 6 hour birth. She was under 7 pound

Now my third pregnancy & what I dont understand is that I am fitter then ever! Spent the other 2 on couch? And still nothing....

The baby is very active & I spend all night running to loo, lots of pressure from his head on cervix. Lost mucous plug 2 weeks ago & had colustrum since 37 weeks.

I still ride quad, been on bumpy roads, I walk, I have horses so tend to them daily & do housework, exercise ball, rasberry leaf tea, sex, even had casto oil!

Basically yes I am desperate to not be induced & reaching out....

I thought 3rd would be simpler and come itself

Thanks for listening to my desperation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Please try not to stress too much. I have had three spontaneous labours, one on due date, one a week over and my last a week and a day over. I am now two days over with my fourth and like you am fitter and stronger than in prevous pregnancies.
    Try to relax and take it easy and no more interfering with what is going to happen by trying to induce things yourself. They all carry risks.
    That said, I do understand your frustration and want to hold your baby amd I too share your fear of induction. Try to give it a week over due date before you start really worrying ok? Use this time to relax, get a massage and feet up while you can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please try not to stress too much. I have had three spontaneous labours, one on due date, one a week over and my last a week and a day over. I am now two days over with my fourth and like you am fitter and stronger than in prevous pregnancies.
    Try to relax and take it easy and no more interfering with what is going to happen by trying to induce things yourself. They all carry risks.
    That said, I do understand your frustration and want to hold your baby amd I too share your fear of induction. Try to give it a week over due date before you start really worrying ok? Use this time to relax, get a massage and feet up while you can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm due Monday and was threatened with induction first time and went natural. I think fear of the unknown started it. The second was induced and now fear ever going through it again. I've been getting contractions but they arn't regular yet. Till now. I think think I may be about to go into labour. I hope. The doctors had me in tears when they mentioned induction so I had the nurse do a streatch and sweep which I was 2cm and on my way. Bubs head was right there and that was Thursday. I used a bit of nipple stimulation at intervals during the day which brought on a contraction each time. I found the quad bike way too painfull but did enjoy the fresh air and was a little concerned of going into full labour while bogged on the farm somewhere.
    I don't know what can help you but to say good luck and my thoughts are with you. If they try to induce me I've decided on an epidural. I don't want to but I have to make that decision early. Last time there was no talking or inbetween contractions to ask for one. My first labour went for 42 hours and was still better that the induction.
    Best of luck to us all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I guess my fear is if nothing is happening by mondays appt that doctor will book a date to be induced. First birth they induced me at 41 weeks. I have lots of period like pains ( for 2 weeks) but nothing else except very uncomfy and pressure on cervix. My last labour was so straightforward. I am praying he will just arrive himself, cant say I thought 3rd would be like this as I was expecting it to be as simple as second pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had actual problems in the last 2 that they wanted to induce because of but this one I don't have them however they want to induce just incase. I keep saying but there is nothing wrong so they sent an old guy doc in to scare me with problem and death stories of yesteryear. I didn't go last night but am still against induction and it is my decision not to unless I see there is a real reason. Not just because they want it.

Looking forward to meeting bub though and finding out if we have a brother or sister for my 2 boys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its hard isnt it Especially when they start using scare tactics. I thought being the 3rd I would be laughing and he would want to come as easy as second. How far along are you all? I am hoping tomorrow they will give me something positive at ob appt

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im 40 + 3 weeks pregnant. Just impatiently waiting but doing nothing more than bouncing on a birth ball and using evening primrose oil. My kids are getting just as impatient lol. I figure Ill start worrying when I hit 41 weeks and they start talking induction bookings. Until then I guess Ill just keep having a convenient belly shaped table.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get membrane sweep in 7 days then face induction

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You can always say no to the induction. You could just wait it out, or have monitoring to see things are ok, but you don't have to agree to a membrane sweep or an induction.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbles10 For This Useful Post:

LotusMum  (05-03-2013)