+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi when we went our fertility center was in Thailand, but now i believe they don't go there anymore. We also used Cathie, but for the cost and what she does i cant see how she charges that much. I thought i had to go through her and if i wasn't under that assumption i would off bypassed her and communicated directly with the center. However i don't know how easy it is communicating with the centers. The center we used not all the workers understood English 100% so on the day there was almost a mix up as to how many embryos were to be transferred, but luckily they left paperwork lying around and we realised just in time. The donor agency had a lot of donors to choose from and they supplied us with there information that is available. The experience is expensive however i don't think it is too expensive compared to others that i looked into, they are however like any other business to make money. We didn't have any problems with Genevieve however her manner in emails may come across rudely at times. That is the problem when you mainly rely on emails to communicate, however you can also contact her via skype. On the up side i did fall pregnant and am due soon so i cant complain, we were not let down by our donor and she was there at the correct times. Also if you have been doing IVF for a while i don't see it as too stressful as you already know what to expect it is just the added problems of booking flights and finding your way around new countries but since we have traveled in the past i didn't find the experience stressful only the communicating via emails trying to get everything sorted and understood before leaving.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shesue For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We found our egg donor through travelling donors from South Africa and Genevieve and found her to be fine but we had no problems with our donor. Quite expensive but travel expenses also need to be paid for the donor and Genevieve.

I would not recommend going through Cathie Sanchez for anything. She is an agent only and sets you up with an egg donor through an egg donor agency and a clinic although her advertising makes it look like it is her clinic and her egg donors. She impedes the IVF process and fails to pass on a lot of information in either direction between client and clinic which can lead to the clinic doing what she asks them to do without your knowledge rather than what you want, wrong medication and lack of necessary instructions and advice.

You can work directly with any clinic without an agent and this is the better way. Some clinics will also find you an egg donor agency. English is widely spoken in Malaysia which is where we went so there is no communication problem. We can recommend Sunfert Clinic in Kuala Lumpur.
    Last edited by Ginger Cat; 26-06-2016 at 08:50. Reason: To Condense it

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ginger Cat For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (11-12-2015),shirlster  (04-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Travelling Donors are different to baby2mom, nurture, sunshine, gift ov life etc because they are not registered in South Africa. So they can show you adult pictures of their South African donors. If you use SA agency all you can see is just their child pictures which is not helpful at all.
    Travelling Donor’s fee is outrageous to my opinion. For those who experienced enough in IVF and don’t afraid known donors I would suggest to look at http://www.surrogatefinder.com/ Ironically, you can find Genevieve and one of her employees Jamie http://www.surrogatefinder.com/surrogates/27563/ among many others who may want to donate for you outside the agency.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MamaKes and Ginger Cat,

You were asking what was my particular experience with Travelling Donors and Genevieve. I can tell you if you PM me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozby View Post
    Think you need to post 5 times or so before you can pm. Just do one word posts or something to get your quota.
    Hi, interested in your response re Cathie Sanchez, Malaysia and the Penang clinic.
    Thank you for all your posts. Trying to also get to quota to PM

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Uola

I'm interested in your experience with Travelling Donors etc. Not sure how to PM as new on here but my email is shirlster@hotmail.com
    Thanks