+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi we are using travelling donor, Sorry to heard your bad experince with the other company, they are flying the donor over South African, we arrive in Thailand late march, when i arrive back in Australia i will post our experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ASAMANNA and shesue,

How was your experience with travelling donors in Thailand? Have you got anything to share with others?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, my partner and I have booked with Cathie Sanchez at Thailand Fertility and have just paid Travelling Donors. We go to Penang in October. Does anyone have experience with either company? Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any advice/recommendations for travelling egg donor agencies in South Africa?

Last edited by Lozby; 06-04-2016 at 13:56.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lozby For This Useful Post:

Ginger Cat  (21-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Lozby, We didn't really have any concerns until reading some of the posts here. They've now moved to the Island hospital in Penang instead of Bangkok because the government shut down Thailand clinics. I'd like to PM you but I just need to figure out how.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Think you need to post 5 times or so before you can pm. Just do one word posts or something to get your quota.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Uola View Post
    I personally had a bad experience with Travelling Donors andGenevieve Uys. Would not suggest using this agency unless you have extra moneyto throw away and nerves made of steel to resist arrogance andunprofessionalism. Additionally, one of their resent employees/donors wasworking in South Africa (Fertility Care SA). They let down many people.
    Hi Uola - I know your post was a while ago however I have been suggested this Travelling Donors and Genevieve just today by my FS. I have no reference point to compare them to anyone else. Genevieve is apparently coming to Australia in Feb 16 and there are many women signed up to use her donors.
    What was your particular experience please if you could explain? How were you and others let down? Thanks for your advice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MamaKes,

My partner and I have recent experience of Travelling Donors and Genevieve. We booked through Cathie Sanchez of Thailand Fertility, an agent who then made bookings for us with Sunfert Clinic in Kuala Lumpur and contacted Travelling Donors to choose our donor. My IVF treatment with donor eggs was at the end of October.

We were very happy with Genevieve. We had quite a large choice of donors with photos and were given profiles of those we were interested in. Genevieve met us at the clinic in Kuala Lumpur, kept us informed and was very helpful so we would definitely recommend Travelling Donors. We don't know how this company compares to other companies from South Africa cost wise but she would send you information without obligation.

I'd also be interested to know what happened with Uola, as you quoted above.

Our mistake was going through an agent as Cathie Sanchez let us down badly. In her advertising it wasn't clear that she was an agent but we found she had banned direct communication between the clinic and us but also didn't pass all information each way so there were problems with communication, lack of information, failure to answer our questions among other things. She also has a contract with the clinic so should we want to go back it must be done through her but we are not prepared to do that and will only go back if she is not involved. Her fees are substantial for very little work on her part.

Sunfert Clinic in Kuala Lumpur was very professional,everybody speaks English and we were happy with them.

We would recommend booking directly with a donor company and directly with a clinic. There is no need for an agent. Genevieve should be able to let you know what clinics she will be going to and you could contact them directly. I would also suggest looking up other donor companies in South Africa and getting information from them before making a choice.
    Last edited by Ginger Cat; 09-12-2015 at 06:13.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ginger Cat For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (09-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ginger Cat and thanks for sharing your experience. I had just never heard of them and I actually thought Genevieve was the agent? Sorry to hear you had a bad run with an agent. I'd never actually considered using one as I'd heard from other girls on here that you don't need them and can communicate directly with the clinic and donor agency.

Did they have a wide range of donors compared to others such as baby2mom, nurture, sunshine, gift ov life etc??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MamaKes,

We didn't actually know Cathie was an agent as her advertising made it look like she owned a clinic in Thailand and had her own egg donor program. We only found out as time went on. I think she has changed her advertising a bit since then though.

We were sent 39 donor photos with a few details of the girls. From that we had to choose 3 and were then sent their profiles and more pictures to make a final choice. We went ahead because we found a donor that we thought matched us well. It seems that they have a large number of donors on their books.

We don't have any experience with any of the companies you mention, we only got some profiles from a clinic in Cypress prior to that.
    Last edited by Ginger Cat; 10-12-2015 at 04:28.