+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Laundry in the garage?

We're planning to redo our bathroom, and currently it has the washing machine and laundry sink in it. It's our only bathroom. We have no room in the kitchen or any cupboards or any space whatsoever inside the house where we could hide away a washing machine. So our only option other than the bathroom is our garage. However, it is not attached to the house. Think large steel shed!

Does any one out there have their laundry in the garage? Or, would you be happy buying a house that does? Or, would you prefer a 'room' built off the shed so its cleaner etc??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by TaylasWorld; 11-04-2016 at 16:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I was thinking washing machine and dryer with bench space over the top, laundry-type sink and some cupboards as well. It really isn't too far from the house, but its not just through a door

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't mind a laundry in the garage - maybe have the appliance in a cupboard like a "European laundry" so that it's a bit protected from potential dustiness etc when not in use?

We're doing plans up at the moment to build a new place and we're actually planning a 'utility room' between the garage and house, not quite a laundry- but it's my opinion that near the garage is the best place for them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    At my parents house the laundry is in the backyard not attached to the house. I think it's good, its never bothered them cause you know you don't spend too much time in there. As long as you don't have to walk far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I've lived in a house with the laundry in garage out the back and away from the house.
    There was no real issue with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How about you tile a section of the shed 2x2m and then add the laundry sinks etc. at least you will able to mop/sweep that part of the floor and it makes it a bit separate to the rest of the shed or even use a wardrobe as a bit of a divider.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've lived in a house with laundry in a separate building outside the house and now we are in a dual occupancy place so us upstairs and another 1 bedroom house on the bottom and at this house our laundry is downstairs. It doesn't bother me too much just a little annoying when it rains

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think as long as you can get to your laundry without having to actually go outside (as in, you have a door going directly into the garage from inside the house) then it's a great idea if you're lacking space .

As PP have mentioned, if you could make it a dedicated space/room so that you don't have to worry about dust and bugs etc. then it makes perfect sense. If it were me I'd just want to be able to walk straight into the garage from inside the house simply because on a cold and windy day you don't want to have to experience the yuckiness of outside just to do your laundry .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wish mine was in the garage. I like to put it on at night and during kids nap times and its so loud during the spin cycle