+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't get the Ergo hip carry going. I always feel strangled! Must watch some online tutorials.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I bought an ergo! So excited. Though a part of me wishes I'd gone online and bought one of the fancy patterned designer ones!
    I definitely had to get a newborn insert for her but hopefully she will grow out of it soon. Being 13 weeks old I think she'd prefer not being too snuggled up. Anyway, was excited to go for a walk yesterday with her in it. Felt so much more comfortable than the ring sling and I felt I could walk the dog without worrying she was going to fall out. She almost fell asleep! I hope she continues to like it otherwise it was a huge waste of money!
    I hope I can master the hip carry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think that some long-term hospital babies find it a bit more difficult to adjust to being wrapped and held when they get home (unless you're one of the parents who did it in hospital).

My little miss 14months was in hospital for the first 9+weeks of her life, and we weren't able to wrap her because she was connected to so many tubes and wires
    and it took her a while to start enjoying that comfort.

But now, she'll grab the wraps, drag them over to me, and bounce till i put her up - particularly when she's tired and grumpy

I hope your DD continues doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Her hospital stay was two weeks and a lot of that time she had a lot of tubes which stopped the wrapping. Also cos she had open heart surgery I think she got sensitive of her chest and being held upright. So I'm hoping that with time she gets used to it a bit more. I used to still try and swaddle her with the tubes, much to one nurses frustration for checking her drips and things! But tough I said. She needed it! She was only four weeks old!
    I don't know how you did 9 weeks! I'm hoping her next one won't have any complications and we are back home quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    She was Super easy, and not particularly affection-seeking as a little baby. She was the kind who put herself on a perfect schedule, and was content to spend her life in a crib till she was 5-6months old (weirdo that she is...) :P
    Had she been higher needs, we would have gone insane i think :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tamtam I love your attitude, what a difficult time your little one is having but you are upbeat, positive & staying strong. What an awesome Mumma!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can assure you I'm not always positive and upbeat. Chloe is a constant struggle. Nothing about becoming a mum had gone to plan. She also has a pretty rare syndrome that both DH and I coming to terms with. She's a teeny tiny thing and will always be! I just want to enjoy as much as I can because amidst the joy there's an awful lot very unenjoyable things.
    So I get excited about the little things!!! Like her in my ergo today!! Her teeny head poking out the top. Hehe. Here's a pic. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1362554749.864857.jpg

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (07-03-2013),missie_mackxxxx  (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awww, isn't that precious? :-)
    Enjoy all the moments you can!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandalf For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You look like you're doing a fab job to me. I can't imagine what all that must be like. Chloe is gorgeous btw, such a cute little head poking out!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to becandabub For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (06-03-2013)