+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry sent too soon!! I am sure there are similar groups on the GC.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Search fb for "gold coast attachment parenting" and there's a group (it's the only one that comes up) that are really friendly and supportive - if you joined up and came to meets I'm sure someone would lend or let you play with any of their carriers.

Otherwise I'm I'm Southport, I have an ergo sport if you just wanted to play with it try it on etc. Though I still use it so not willing to part with it. Otherwise I have a carrier that's for a small baby - it is a "crotch dangler" though - that I'd happily give away as it needs a home and I cbfed selling it.
    Thanks! I found that group but it's closed and I'm not sure I'd fit it in....so didn't join.
    I think I've found someone to borrow from though but thanks so much for your offer.

I really hope she takes to one! I'm desperate to 'wear' her so I can be more mobile at times. Like walking on the beach if this weather ever let's up and there is beach left!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    How old is your baby? And roughly how much do they weigh? Katelyn only really liked the ergo after 6 months or so.

I've also gotten a woven wrap since that I love more than the ergo, but my df uses the ergo still and it's better on these rainy days so I'm not wrapping and unwrapping on a wet ground.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Chloe is 3 months and only just 4kgs. She has a syndrome and cardiac condition that affect her growth so she's teeny tiny. I've tried a sling and she seems to dislike that. I've really only made her comfortable in it a couple of times so I'm not confident to use it anymore. Initially I didn't want a carrier where she was chest to chest as I had to be careful after her first open heart surgery. But recovery is pretty quick and she likes being upright especially as she has silent reflux. She also likes looking around so I thought with an ergo or baby bjorn eventually I can face her out (if she ever gets big enough!) it's also coming to the colder months so I didn't think it would be that hot.
    I might be banging my head against the wall cos she may not like it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You can't face bub outwards in an ergo & I think outward facing can be bad for their hips? Not sure on this, someone else might have some better info.

I'm just getting into wovens. Loooovely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    But they do a hip carry don't they? So she can look around from that position? I'm so confused by all the carriers and what not to do and what is ok!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    A stretchy wrap might be most nurturing at this stage, like a hug a bub or boba wrap- particularly because she is so small.

Not many carriers that are ergonomically designed for both bub and parent are designed for forward facing. Having them forward facing generally puts their spine in a sub optimal position, it also causes the parent to push their own hips forward to balance the position causing sore backs
    See I'm not sure she would like the snuggly feeling of those wraps. She isn't a baby who likes to fall asleep on my chest or anything. I think because her chest was sore it wasn't something she got used to. So I thought an ergo would be snuggly but not too snuggly if you know what I mean. As for looking around I though later the hip carry would be good for that? No? Bad idea?

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I can master it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    what about a ring sling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggermum View Post
    what about a ring sling?
    I have the breeze baby ring sling. I don't know if I just haven't mastered it but I think she hates it!