+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Car accident advice

Hey everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what to do.

Yesterday afternoon I was involved in a car crash. I was hit from behind whilst stationery by a p plater which then pushed my car into the car in front of us. I had my DH and my DD in the car at the time, they both are fine. Me on the other hand felt bad the minute we got hit, I got quite jolted and my head flung forward quite fast and sharp. I'm unsure if my head hit the steering wheel but I think it may have as immediately after the accident I was complaining to DH that my forehead was numb and tingling. I was very shaken and was in adrenalin mode whilst exchanging details. We went home after the incident, rang my insurer and made a claim and my forehead was still tingling and numb, my head feels too heavy for my neck to support if that makes sense?

Anyway today I'm in much more discomfort. My neck is now sore and the back of my head at the base of my neck. Also my jaw hurts when I open it wide. I can't put my head backwards to look up without pain and stiffness and I just feel achey. I'm going to go to the doctor today so should I have him write a report? What do I do? I want to make sure this is all reported incase my injuries get worse or become chronic. I've had whiplash once before and that was on a boat, my neck was sore for months and i got lots of headaches and had weekly physio. Obviously this accident wasn't my fault though so if I need physio how do I claim these expenses? Do I tell my insurance company? Go through a lawyer? I've never done this before.

Thank you

rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Go to hospital, get checked out. Get documentation of your injuries. You may need to inform the police, i am fairly sure they are usually involved in accidents that see someone injured.

Sorry this happened hope you're on the men's soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would suggest calling your CTP provider as they are the ones who will help you out with costs for bodily injury.

They will be able to let you know exactly what kind of documentation you will need and what your next steps are. I work in the industry. Hth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Years ago I had an accident. We were stopped at a roundabout while a car was turning in front of us and the car behind decided to hit us and didn't even stop while driving at about 50kms. Luckily we missed the car already in the roundabout when we were pushed forwards.

My mum and I actually thought we had hurt our necks and we were very concerned about my twins who were only 6 weeks old at the time. So, we went straight to our GP. From memory things had to be done differently than a normal GP visit. But we just told the receptionist and Dr and they did what needed to be done. It was all pretty straightforward. Luckily my twins were fine. One had been crying before the accident and then was suddenly asleep and difficult to wake. He thought she was possibly in shock but otherwise fine. My mum and I had whiplash. All Dr visits and physio was claimed though the insurance. We would have had forms that needed to be signed by our GP. I can't remember all the details now though.

Accident was reported to police too and other car admitted to not stopping and hitting us at 50km's.

Goodluck.