+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Calm birthing

Who has done calm birth ?
    When in the pregnancy do you start it and is it worth doing if you've already had two births with drugs and has posterior labours back labour?
    I am preg with #3 and really wold like to try it but dnt know much about it would love to hear your stories on it and how you found it to cope through labour and delivery.?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

My hubby and I are doing the Calmbirth course this weekend and I'm due in six weeks, so I'd love to hear from people too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing as I'd love to hear from people who've done this too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Come on ladies who have done this were eager to know

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did the calmbirth course in bowral with Peter Jackson. It was a two day weekend course. It was the best thing I ever did to prepare for my birth. I could not have got through my 36 hr labour without the skills he taught. The calm breath, breathing techniques and visualisation are the things I used the most. I had a pain relief free labour and 32 min pushing stage. I laboured at home for 30hrs then did the last 6hrs in the birthing suite. I can honestly say I remained in control and did not even think to ask for pain relief. I just got into a wonderful headspace, counted and breathed through each contraction, listened to the meditations and hubby did some massage.

Highly recommended!

Oh and I am someone who was always to fidgety to do meditation all my life so I didn't think I could do calmbirth. But I just practiced every day for the last six weeks in a nice warm bath and I got there in the end. I also used the techniques when bub was here and would cry and cry. It kept me calm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did it through Sarah Whyte in the gold coast.

I absolutely highly recommend it. It was my first pregnancy but I am sure it would help with your third.

I started it at about 20 weeks over I think it was 5 nights once a week. I did it early because there are techniques you need to practice before the birth and the more practice the better.

I definitely think it was one of the main reasons I had the birth I wanted. Because it's not just techniques but getting you to understand what birth really is about and also having the knowledge to take control of the process.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh glad it worked for you yes I can't do any set of meditation but sounds like you did it extreamly well good on you!! Do you do it only towards end of the pregnacy or anywhere?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 33 weeks when I did the course. Most people were between 30 and 36 weeks. I would aim for 30 to 34 weeks so you have plenty of time to practise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, we completed the course this weekend! Was great and I learned so much. I'm much more confident now, not only in myself but also in that my DH now understands the birthing process and what he can do on a practical level to help me and be involved. I now feel like labour will be a partnership effort rather than just me doing it with cheerleaders on the side.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Justwant2beamummy For This Useful Post:

Mummablue  (05-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did it with Dr Chris Vose from Calmbirth Gold (on the Gold Coast)