+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buttoneska View Post
    yep in 7 wks pregnant. Hehe
    omg!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    Yep in 7 wks pregnant. Hehe

Congratulations

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess it would depend on how fertile the couple is and where in the cycle you were. I know a person who swears by it, but has no children so her (& dh) fertility status is unknown ( iykwim).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoalready View Post
    Haha!!!
    Easier way to put it is. You may chew the chocolate but you cannot swallow it
    This is what i was thinking by reading all the replies.

Those that have used the withdrawal method for years successfully... does that mean your DP/DH withdrawals every.single.time and NEVER comes inside you or just withdrawals around fertile times?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apparently 4 women out of 100 will fall pregnant at some point in a 12 month period. Thats using it absolutley correctly. So there's certainly better methods!
    We used withdrawal for around 6 months prior to ttc. The first month we ttc I fell pregnant. So I think it has a lot to do with the mans control.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Withdrawal method has been our only form of contraception for 8 years now.

No unplanned pregnancies so far and both DDs were concieved first month trying so it's unlikely we have fertility probelms.

I have read that it is actually 98% effective if done properly which is similar to the pill and condoms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    oh, and to the PP that asked, yes we still DTD during my fertile period.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DP and I used withdrawal for 7yrs without a glitch BUT it wasnt a conscience active form of birth control for us....we always thought if we get pregnant well we get pregnant. I would never use it as a form of contraception
    Anyway, we didnt have a glitch for 7yrs...we actually were thinking that maybe something was wrong with his swimmers cos really, who goes 7yrs without contraception and doesnt have at least 1 scare? Then we decided we actually wanted a child so he stopped withdrawing and we were prepared for it not to happen cos we had convinced ourselves his sperm were faulty. 3months later we were pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exactly what ourlittleblessing said! Except 9 years here. 3 babies who were all conceived first month of trying.

No other form of other contraception used, no timing etc. we've never been particularly worried if there did happen to be a oopsie baby though in fact id be happy now!

And yep df has only ever finished when we are trying to conceive... I hate the mess anyway... Wayyyy to much tmi haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbaphil View Post
    Has anyone fallen pregnant using the withdrawal method. I thought it was pretty safe until now ive started having early pregnancy signs. eek
    We used this method for a few mths after i had bub#2 with no pregnancy. However i was exclusively breastfeeding 2hourly round the clock as well.
    I got sick of being worried about getting pregnant so i went on birth ontrol. its just not worth the stress and worry, as it is a very lousy form of birth control.