+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bubs milestones...

I know all bubs are different and do things at different times... but I look at the bubs around us and they all seem to be doing more than my 9mth old...

I know 1 bub who is 1 week older and is crawling everywhere and pulling himself to standing,

I know 1 bub who is 6 weeks younger and is crawling everywhere and starting to pull herself up on her knees...

I know another bub who is 6 weeks older and is crawling and pulling himself up to standing,

I know another bub who is 6 weeks older and is nearly walking...

My bub is not crawling, he shuffles around in circles on his tummy, but doesn't get anywhere, he doesn't even get up on hands and knees...
    he sits by himself, but needs to be sat down by us, he can't go from laying down to sitting up by himself and if he wants to go from sitting to laying he just throws himself back so we have to make sure there's always pillows behind him!...
    he's no where near standing while holding onto something and definately not pulling himself up to standing...

He's a bit heavier than the other 3 bubs, not chubby, just solid! do you think that makes a difference how soon they start moving around?

I go back to full time work in 1 week and I was really hoping he would at least be crawling! but he doesn't seem to be doing anything new lately and he seems so far behind all the other bubs....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Honestly don't stress yet - you are right and all babies are different! My DS rolled early and sat early and spoke early but crawled late at 11 months and walked late at 16 months!
    Try putting his toys just out of reach so he has to lean over or commando crawl to get them, check with your Dr at his 12 month check up but I'm sure by then he will be crawling ( or some babies just start walking!) by then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hun, I remember starting an almost identical thread when DS was that age. It's hard not to compare with other kids but try not to let it bother you - it really doesn't mean a thing in the scheme of things. They all do different things in their own time. My DS didn't actually ever crawl until after he walked! He just bum shuffled from about 10/11 months and finally walked properly at 17 months. I spent so much time stressing out about it for nothing. He's running, jumping and climbing like any other 2 year old now and frankly it would be nice if he could just sit still for a minute!!!

Edited to add: my DS is a big boy too (solid not chubby and quite tall) and I think that does have something to do with it. He always hated tummy time so I didn't really persevere with it which probably didn't help either. He could sit unassisted (we had to put him into the sitting position) from about 5 months and was quite happy to just sit there and observe the world around him for months and months. The paed I spoke to said all was fine so long as he made some attempt to move about by 12 months (which he did with the bum shuffling!)
    Last edited by bitterpure; 01-03-2013 at 14:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He sounds absolutely fine to me Do you have a mothers group? I can't believe the difference in development of babies that are the same age. I think as well as size it can be personality related. Is your son very placid and easy going? SSome babies just seem content to watch rather than do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is about three weeks older than your DS. She sounds exactly the same but can stand and hold onto things if I stand her up. I took her to the physio for a review and they said she's just placid and not to worry unless she's not moving by 12 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't stress! (I know it's hard not to)
    DD was 10m 2w when she started crawling. She got up on her knees rocking a few times, then just took off! (I was stressing, because she was the oldest of the babies and the last to crawl... she wasn't showing any signs either) ... Anyway 11m 2w she started walking (first of the babies to walk!) and was fully walking by her first birthday
    All bubs are different and in pretty sure they enjoy stressing us