Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    Just because its a Wikipedia link doesn't make it's wrong.

And that's for totally trashing my attempt to open up about something and making me feel like sh*t.
    Wikipedia is no long trusted as a source of information as the"facts" it contains can be manipulated by anyone ..... This was a hot topic with one of my lecturers last year it's no longer reliable.....

And I agree with lambjam emergency and elective are the 2 classes here my dd was emergency as I was extremely sick and was later diagnosed with cancer but unless she was delivered early they would have had a hard time to diagnose her birth record says emergency and I say it too yes it was not the way I planned but if I have of tried a natural birth I would have died.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well my ceaser definitely wasn't planned nor elective....so I guess it was an emergency....

I think us mums should be applauded however our precious ones entered the world....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    With DS I went 14 hours waters broke contracting only to be told I was failing to progress and they were going to give me another 2 hours to progress or is be sent for A c-section. Between that bubs heartbeat got really faint extremely faint And before I knew it I was being rushed into the surgical ward. Stick it into whatever cat makes you feel better but it was still an emergency csection. With DD I went elective only for fear I be facing the same as before. None the less 6 days prior to our scheduled OP my waters broke and I was getting contractions. I was asked do I still want a csection or do I want to vbac I chose a csection and an hour after was in the surgical ward. Now I fully understand that was elective and whilst I say and call it elective my hospital records do not state that but have classes it as an emergency csection. In the end doctors will put labels on what the think is the medically fit label. Yes they should be clearly identified so women know the difference between all the reasons behind having a csection

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    Just because its a Wikipedia link doesn't make it's wrong.

And that's for totally trashing my attempt to open up about something and making me feel like sh*t.
    Surely you have better things to worry about?
    I had an emergency c section. I think most who go into labor and then be taken off for an un scheduled c section would say it was an emergency.
    Weather their labor didn't progress, their labor went to long, their baby was breech, their baby was stuck, their baby's heart beat went down, something happened to the mother it's all an emergency is it not!?
    What a ridiculous thing to have an issue with!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It all comes down to circumstances gm01 personal experience can mean a lot yes you had a traumatic birth and I'm sorry about that but so did it and both me life and my DDs life would only have been in true danger had I attempted a natural birth I never started labour my Caesar is classed as a cold emergency Caesar. I have had friends require a general to have their Caesars done as they had gone into shock I think you should take some time to process your experience maybe chat to someone about your feelings with what you went through I know I still have some issues from mine and it was 3 yrs ago and caused me problems emotionally at the time but it doesn't make wat I or anyone else classed as emergancy Caesarean any less of a trauma. It's a lot for a woman to go through and it's takes a lot of time to heal the scars that are left

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Closed at OPs request.