+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Parenting Payment Partnered Question! Please help!?

Hi, I have been a mother since 2004, and in 2005, I went on parenting payment single while my partner and I had to have a long break from each other to work some personal things out. We got back together in 2007 and went onto Parenting Payment partnered. We had our 3rd child in 2009, and my SO didn't feel the need to claim for him at the time, (he is as stubborn as an ox, sometimes there is no getting through to him, lol) so we didn't. Our youngest is now 4 years old and have never had any payment received for him, but now things are getting hard financially and SO asked if it was possible to start getting some form of payment for #3 also To be honest, I detest talking to Centrelink, my anxiety and my feeling of 'they are going to get me through the phone/over the desk' come in and I would much prefer to get a little advice on here before having to make THAT call I don't know if what we did by not claiming was wrong/illegal (I can't see how it is though, as we only receive $ for #1 and #2). I'm terrified that I have done something wrong and that I am going to have a hard time with sorting this out. If anyone is/was in a similar situation, could you please post how sorted it all out? Cheers in advance! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    As long as the birth is registered you shouldn't have problems... I wouldn't think it's illegal to NOT claim money you're entitled to.
    The only thing is that they'll probably start payments from the date of claim, so if you need the money do it soon (c/l seem to be taking ages to process at the moment..)
    Haven't had a similar thing, however it took me 3 months to realise they weren't paying me for bub #2 even though I'd claimed.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I agree. I really don't think it is illegal to not claim. As long as the births are registered I can't see a problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    I agree. I really don't think it is illegal to not claim. As long as the births are registered I can't see a problem.
    This exactly. Our government is certainly wouldn't penalise anyone for NOT taking what they are entitled to