+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dd1 I was around 5w4d too early so repeat at 9 weeks

Dd2 wasn't till I was 19/20 weeks

D? Had one at 10w6d

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    7 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bek245, if it will put your mind at ease then absolutely - ask for a dating scan.

My first pregnancy was a blighted ovum (and I didn't find out until I saw the OB at 10 weeks), so this time around I wasn't taking any chances. I explained to my GP that despite knowing my dates exactly, I needed an early scan for peace of mind, and she was perfectly happy to refer me for that reason. She understood that without the early scan, I'd have three unnecessary weeks of stressing and worrying.

It's probably worth hanging on until you're 7 weeks, though. If you go earlier and there is no heartbeat, you don't know whether it's because the pregnancy has ended or because you're simply too early to see one - and that is another cause of stress you just don't need.

Fingers crossed for you.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:

angelini  (01-03-2013),bek245  (01-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps. It doesnt matter too much anyway now because we have to wait til the end of the month anyway, the only day they have free so I will be about 8-9 weeks then. Just hope everything is where it should be!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with Gentoo that you should wait until at least 7 weeks in order to see a heartbeat, so it works out well that they have an appointment at 8-9 weeks!

Do you have an OB or even a GP who knows your history? It's strange that you've been through so much, and are on Clomid, but you had a different doctor give the referral. Usually with such a history they would want to monitor you pretty closely!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had one at 9 weeks with my ob with DS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My regular dr is in a different town 200kms away, we moved to the city 9 months ago. My endo said to go see a gp or ob but forward her any test results so she can keep an eye on things. I haven't really been to the drs up here yet well til the other day. It makes it very hard. Trying to explain everything a hundred times to the dr because she doesn't understand a thing I'm saying, my files right in front of her read that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's annoying, bek! If you're in the city now can you find another Dr?? Someone who will take the time to fully understand your case?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm hoping so! It's just so hard because most drs are (no offence to them) foreigners! The language barrier is so difficult. I could spend hours at the drs going through my medical history with them only to get no where. If anyone knows a good 'Australian' dr in rockingham south of Perth can they let me know! Or even just one that understands English!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bek245 both of the female doctors at Parmelia medical centre are lovely! And they bulk bill

12. The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbaby For This Useful Post:

bek245  (20-03-2013)