+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default first ultrasound?

Just wondering, when do you have the first ultrasound? When I had my other 2 children I had the first at 6 weeks and with my other child it wasnt until 9 weeks because the dr didnt believe I was pregnant. With this one have been tracking, with clomid and also metformin. When should I do the first scan? I always thought it was at 6 weeks rather than 12 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    9 weeks at my first OB appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My first was a dating scan at 7 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You really have to ask for one. Some GP's won't offer a dating scan (6-8 weeks) if you're positive of your dates, some will offer it regardless.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first scan was at 6+6 but only because I had had a blighted ovum before. My GP doesn't refer for them before 12 weeks without a reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one at 3, but they thought I was 5 at the time. Then I had an ultrasound every week for 5 weeks to check they were ok. I would have only had the first one, then the NT scan at 12 and then one at 18 otherwise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i had my first scan with dd1 at 12 weeks (found out late-ish)

and with dd2 i had my first scan done in the ob/gyn office at 7 weeks and my next scan at 12/13 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first scan this pregnancy is for 12w.. With ds I had one around 6w, but thats only because i think I was unsure of dates and went with an ob

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my first 2 i had no problems in early pregnancy. Pre eclampsia with my first which turned into eclampsia and i ended up having 2 fits while in labour. My second the only problem was a low placenta but that moved a cpl of days before I had him. I had 5 miscarriages within 6 years after my younger son was born, the last being a blighted ovum. On the ultrasound form it says for 'dating and location'. Should I wait til 9 weeks like the dr wants or should i go next week like I had planned to. Im 5 weeks 5 days. Ive never seen this dr before and tried to tell her my medical history but there being a language barrier (shes indian) it was difficult. I have insulin resistant PCOS am currently taking metformin 1500mg a day. This was our second round of clomid treatment and tracking after trying for 3 years. Im not sure what to do, I cant lose this one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one today as a dating scan, I measured 6w6d. I just asked for the referral and the dr gave it to me. My other two I had dating scans with as well. They were less than 6 weeks.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to patsmum For This Useful Post:

bek245  (01-03-2013)