+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Refusing breast

Up until today DS has never flat out refused the breast. He is always happy to feed for at least a couple of minutes until there's nothing there and wants his bottle.

Ever since his feed this morning he has cried when I offer the breast to him. If I express first then offer, same deal. When I express into his mouth, there's definitely milk there (5-6 streams if that makes sense), and he's more than happy to lick with his tounge at the milk and then he attaches, but as soon as he has a few sucks he cries, and eventually won't even suck.

I'm trying my hardest not to think too much into it and cry that he might be weaning, but I don't know what to do

It's a stage they go through. Look up breast refusal on the Australian breastfeeding association website, they can give you some tips, but basically just keep offering. It was awful when this happened to us, you feel so rejected.

Similar Threads

1. 6mo refusing to eat - help!
    By pilbarablossom in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 26-01-2013, 18:12
  2. 1yo refusing to eat
    By Cue in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 26-09-2012, 17:03
  3. Refusing breast during the day..
    By Niknak0013 in forum Breastfeeding Support
    Replies: 12