+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nothing so far.

Although she pretends to be scared when things like ghosts are featured! (As in, she makes 'arghh' noises and runs and finds me while shouting "oh no, it's a ghost" but is laughing at the same time...)

I'm not sure why so many children's shows feature ghosts and spooky situations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD1, nothing to my knowledge...

DD2 is TERRIFIED of the shapes on Mister Maker (it's a segment on the show with 4 people dressed as shapes). She will squeal and run to find me if they (or their theme music) comes on tv. It would be cute if she wasn't quite so frightened!

Thanks
    Reviews
    3yo dd is scared of timmy time and one of the episodes on peppa pig where everyones gets sick with a cough. 18m ds was scared of an elephant that was on chuggington.
    Off topic but does anyone else think the voices for the kids characters on fireman sam sound off? They sound like adults imitating childrens voices but do a terrible job of it.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The boys aren't afraid of anything.

But I remember as a kid being TERRIFIED of 'the tiger at 9 o clock' or something like that. It was a show based on the book 'Jandy Malone and the nine o'clock tiger' by Barbara Bolton. It was on TV when I was little and it absolutely scared the socks off me.

Does anyone else remember it?
    Last edited by OJandMe; 28-02-2013 at 23:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids don't seem to have any issues with shows/movies however ds never liked the part in the grinch when the kids are mean to the grinch and give him a razor in class (after this the grinch disliked Xmas) and as a child I used to cry in Edward scissor hands because the people were nasty to 'poor edward'. Lol
    Off topic my dd not a huge tv watcher loves saving babies and theres one born every minuet as soon as she spots it's on she insists on watching.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nothing but if something had big eyes..like an owl and looks directly at the screen he runs to me to hide. This is coming from a kid who loves watching the nightmare before christmas on repeat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    She was scared of Lilo and Stitch when she was about 3.

Now she's not scared of anything she's seen... apart from a year or so ago when I was trying to show her Michael Jackson's dance moves and showed her Thriller. She was fine at the time, but a bit freaked at bedtime. Naughty Mummy didn't even consider it. Oops.

She's nearly 8 and hasn't seen anything worth being scared of though - she's still more into cartoons than live-action shows, and not many cartoons are that scary for a child of this age...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Up until 2 years ago my 6yo used to run screaming from the room if Thomas the tank engine came in. I have no idea why but I'm kind of glad to hear that other children have been scared of it as well!