+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Need help with finding cheap nursing tops for winter

So I've discovered Old Navy for all of my maternity clothes which are awesome as most tops are between $8-$20 .. bargain! Well now I have enough maternity clothes but no nursing long sleeve tops for winter. I tend to do most of my buying from the US as the cheapest nursing top I found online in Oz was $45 and that was for a singlet!!

So do you know of any online stores that sell cheap long sleeve nursing tops? As I said, I've exhausted Old Navy but they don't have much of a selection. I don't mind buying overseas as I have a US mailbox.

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kmart!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Normal long sleeves tops with a singlet underneath work well. Lift up the top and pull down the singlet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm pretty sure I got some off nursing angel last time? They must not have been expensive cos I got a few lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    whats wrong with normal clothes? maybe a nursing singlet under? i dont even own any nursing clothes besides nursing bras.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Mamaway sometimes has good specials on their clothes. They have lots of lovely nursing tops.

Target usually has a decent range of BF tops but not sure if they have winter ones in yet.

I purchased a breast vest (maybe from the nursing angel website) so I could wear my regular clothes but BF without revealing my flabby belly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by summastarlet View Post
    Mamaway sometimes has good specials on their clothes. They have lots of lovely nursing tops.

Target usually has a decent range of BF tops but not sure if they have winter ones in yet.

I purchased a breast vest (maybe from the nursing angel website) so I could wear my regular clothes but BF without revealing my flabby belly.
    Ohhh the breast vest! I had never heard of it .. brilliant thank you!
    Using this, I can use all regular clothes as I wanted to avoid flashing all my skin!

Thanks for the replies ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    FTM - I found I didn't really like specific nursing tops with DD as they are typically very tight on the tummy and my gut freaked me out enough post-birth without needing to show it off! The looser ones tend to have a maternity cut so you just still feel like you look pregnant. I also don't like how exposed the whole top of my boob feels when you pull the top part down.

I'd go for looser tops that gather from the yoke and then either a singlet or a belly band underneath so when you lift them you are still covered. I've actually bought a few extra belly bands this time as not only are they great for getting some extra miles out of your non-preg tops, I used them sooo much when BFing. Doing it this way means you end up with the top bunched up on your chest above baby - which also gives you some more coverage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought Asos maternity

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also I used Bonds maternity singlets with 'normal' clothes over the top (still wearing same ones and my daughter is 2.5 and I wore them before she was born)

They are $30 at Big W and $40 at DJ's (unless u get when they're having a 30% off sale)