+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachie81 View Post
    for the no shampoo'ers, do you exercise and wear hats/sunscreen etc.. I find I just cant not wash my hair
    Well i still plan to wash my hair everyday, just not with shampoo, only water. I figure that will get rid of stuff like sweat, dust, or whatever, and even dead skin because they say to give your head a good massage. Then the natural oils in the hair take care of the rest

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My hair is really oily at the moment. I have to wash it every 2nd day. I sometimes can go a 3rd day but it's worst after that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep this is me, I wash only with plain hot water in the shower every couple of days. It's been about two years of this and my hair is thicker, nicer than ever before. I used to have quite thin hair which I hated. Though I have also stopped straightening, dying or using any product in my hair for just as long so I'm sure that helps.
    I would say rather than 6 weeks it actually took more like 6 months of ratty looking unhealthy hair to recover itself. Luckily for me, I live in the country and nobody cares! I used a lot of colour and daily straightened prior going no 'poo so that might be why it took so long.
    I love being product free now and won't go back! Though sometimes I miss dramatic hair colour.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

Mischa44  (02-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I henna dyed my hair on Saturday and started the no poo challenge the same day. Just washed my hair with bicarb and apple cider vinegar and it feels divine, have to admit I was so sceptical about the bicarb wash but my hair felt really clean, even squeakyish before I did the vinegar rinse!
    Anyone else trying it? Keep me updated if you do please- I don't wanna go it alone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im one week in to the "no poo" challenge. I am washing my hair every 2 days like I was with shampoo. My hair feels fantastic, I don't have to use product and my hair has a lot of bounce. So far so good. Although I'm waiting to see how bad the transition will be as I hate oily hair.

I did wonder about hair dye. My hair is its natural colour at the moment, but will be looking at a big colour change soon. Does anyone know if the bicarb will strip the colour?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay I'm glad to hear there are some more people on bubhub trying it. I haven't used shampoo since last Wednesday and used bicarb and vinegar twice since then. I'm actually quite suprised at how well my hair is taking it so far!! Its not as oily as i thought it would be straight up, but i suppose it will get worse. Seeing as I've only used water for the past three days (and i usually shampoo everyday), I'm pretty impressed.
    Will keep you updated with how I go!
    Last edited by Mischa44; 04-03-2013 at 11:51.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mischa44 For This Useful Post:

mum2twinboys  (04-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2twinboys View Post
    I did wonder about hair dye. My hair is its natural colour at the moment, but will be looking at a big colour change soon. Does anyone know if the bicarb will strip the colour?
    I came across the no poo concept on a henna dye forum, apparently shampoo strips color much faster than the bicarb/vinegar.
    You could look into dying with henna and indigo, can create heaps of different colors and shades and it doesn't stuff up the PH balance of your scalp like commercial dyes.
    Just goes along really well with the concept! I'm also making and using my own washing powder, mouthwash and toothpaste!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mulva For This Useful Post:

mum2twinboys  (04-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This thread just reminded me about dry shampoo. Could be handy as I hardly have time to wash my hair these days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dry shampoo is awesome!!!! It's probably my favourite beauty product although I couldn't live with foundation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinning View Post
    Dry shampoo is awesome!!!! It's probably my favourite beauty product although I couldn't live with foundation.
    I have some in the cupboard but never use it. I will be now my hair is a greasy mess half the week.