+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had DD there 10 weeks ago so fairly recent experience. I was very lucky to have a straight forward birth as I had epidural which was my plan. Bf got underway quite easily so very very lucky.

I had Dr Friebe due to some fantastic reviews irl and online. I was actually quite disappointed with him tbh. I really liked him antenatally but didn't find him with me along the way during birth. Oh he poked his head through the door during labour but didn't actually provide support or encouragement during pushing.

In hospital, he saw me for maybe a minute before leaving my room each day. i wasnt able to ask questions as he stood in the door way so nit personal and attentive. Very disappointing and something that my partner and I really disliked.

North west was great overall. Nasty catering staff who took my food before I had a chance to eat as I was feeding DD. went hungry that night. And one lady rolled her eyes when I ordered a cup of tea. Seriously it was the rudest thing. But overall, I would recommend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I please have feedback on Dr Sheehan please. I want to make sure I book this time with an amazing ob after PTSD and pnd from my last experience there.

Did you like the midwife appts. Are you able to request majority of appts with dr Sheehan, I just think for the fees, I'd like to see ob rather than mw.

I'm also booked in at Greenslopes but DH is adamant that its too far. Maybe an hour or a bit more in peak. Nw is 15 mins away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilyMac View Post
    Can I please have feedback on Dr Sheehan please. I want to make sure I book this time with an amazing ob after PTSD and pnd from my last experience there.

Did you like the midwife appts. Are you able to request majority of appts with dr Sheehan, I just think for the fees, I'd like to see ob rather than mw.

I'm also booked in at Greenslopes but DH is adamant that its too far. Maybe an hour or a bit more in peak. Nw is 15 mins away.
    Dr Sheehan is great. He has a very straightforward bedside manner and doesn't fluff about. If you are fine he will do a quick scan, blood pressure etc and you'll be on your way. He is very down to earth, and doesn't lecture and was always open to my ideas. He does mumble a lot though, I didn't mind. He was excellent through an extended period of bleeding I had from 2-5 months. He was also supportive of a VBaC although I opted for an elective cesarean in the end. Was very happy with both of my births and his care throughout.

I think you should be able to book the appointments with him, although his MW is amazing and much much cheaper!

If you need someone to give you a lot of reassurance and handholding, he's probably not your guy though

I'm not having any more kids, but if I was I would go back to him for #3!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2EandR View Post
    Dr Sheehan is great. He has a very straightforward bedside manner and doesn't fluff about. If you are fine he will do a quick scan, blood pressure etc and you'll be on your way. He is very down to earth, and doesn't lecture and was always open to my ideas. He does mumble a lot though, I didn't mind. He was excellent through an extended period of bleeding I had from 2-5 months. He was also supportive of a VBaC although I opted for an elective cesarean in the end. Was very happy with both of my births and his care throughout.

I think you should be able to book the appointments with him, although his MW is amazing and much much cheaper!

If you need someone to give you a lot of reassurance and handholding, he's probably not your guy though

I'm not having any more kids, but if I was I would go back to him for #3!
    I second all of this