+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy Please help, very stressed 4yr old.

Please help, my 4 yr old daughter is dry in the day (about 1yr) but wet at night (although there has been the odd dry night). She is getting upset by this and I was wondering if there anyone out there that could give some tips on how you may have dealt with this, how long it lasted and what products could save the night. We never ever worry about it, never neg about it, just want to make her less upset (a bit easier for clean up also wouldn't be bad). Cheers in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Keep her in a nappy at night then there's no mess to clean up.

My daughter will be 5 in May and still wears night pants. I don't think she'll be dry for a while.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (02-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You could try a brolly sheet if oh still want her in undies at night time? They are a little on the pricy side but you only have to change her clothes and the brolly sheet if she has an accident
    Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    This is what I do.

Put her nigt pull ups
    double sheet her bedeg waterproof sheet, sheet, waterproof sheet, sheet.
    If she is stressed about let her know it is a medical isusse and it will fix itself in time. It is very common at her age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Keep her in a nappy at night then there's no mess to clean up.

My daughter will be 5 in May and still wears night pants. I don't think she'll be dry for a while.
    My daughter will be 5 in July and still wears night pull ups as well. She has been dry during the day since she was 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I woke my dd at regular intervals during the night to go to the toilet, and even tho she grumbled at first, i found i could eventually go longer and longer between toilet time.. and then she was able to go to sleep and wake up when she would need to go. you have to be consistent tho with doing this. I found in 3 weeks of this we were well underway. and if she wet the bed and got upset i'd say ''it's ok, it was an accident'', and calm her down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies. I am using the brolly sheets and a water absorbent bed sheet. She just gets so wet. I was told by my child health nurse that putting her back in pull ups would be a step back and keep the bed wetting happening for longer. Have you all found this not to be true? Cheers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rosejane View Post
    Thank you ladies. I am using the brolly sheets and a water absorbent bed sheet. She just gets so wet. I was told by my child health nurse that putting her back in pull ups would be a step back and keep the bed wetting happening for longer. Have you all found this not to be true? Cheers.
    I cant give you advice as a parent.. as i'm not one just yet... But what i can say is that i remember being in dry nights untill i was at least 6 because i had alot of accidents... I guess i just grew out of it.. only time they bothered me or made me feel bad about it was when i was starting to go to sleepovers and things, but i guess that was also around the time i grew out of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is interesting as sleep overs are the new frontier and she has a best friend and stayed over several times with bed wetting each time. I am friends with the mum so no issues or drama she is on the same page and just helps my daughter deal with it so it interesting getting a 1st hand story. Did your friends say anything and how did your family help you clean up? Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rosejane View Post
    That is interesting as sleep overs are the new frontier and she has a best friend and stayed over several times with bed wetting each time. I am friends with the mum so no issues or drama she is on the same page and just helps my daughter deal with it so it interesting getting a 1st hand story. Did your friends say anything and how did your family help you clean up? Thank you.
    From what i remember, i tried to hide it from friends.. and diddnt really have many sleepovers at that stage, But it was at a big gymnastics sleepover that one of the older girls asked me about it... I dont remember what she said.. i must've been 6 or 7.. but i know i was embarrased to admit why i wore them. Mum was always super calm about it, even though i cried everytime... And that's when she discovered the dry nights, i think overall they helped my confidence a bit, because the bed was still dry.. no kid likes waking up in a big puddle of their own pee haha

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephii For This Useful Post:

rosejane  (02-03-2013)