Closed Thread
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttermilk View Post
    Well I'm feeling bullied. I'm unsubscribing because obviously I have a different opinion and now I'm being called names, laughed at by a group of women and told to get out and go to another thread (or whatever that meant)
    Seriously, you ladies need to think about how you treat people and your behaviour. Being agressive and ganging up on them seems to be your way of getting the last word quite often.
    Well I'm sorry that you feel bullied. Just because several people disagree with you and say so, that does not mean you are being ganged up on, that means your opinion is in the minority.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Minority in this thread.
    And when someone comes in, tells you to get out, is being aggressive, calls you names and you laugh about it, thank her, all group together just because you don't agree with someone, that IS bullying. People are allowed to diagree with you, it doesn't make you right just because you have 5 friends who agree with you, and its not right to tell people to stop debating or get out of a thread because they don't agree with you.
    You do need to think about how you treat people online and this is common behaviour on bubhub that seems to happen alot. Mods need to look at this alot further and stop allowing older members to act this way towards minority opinions in threads.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    If you don't like a post, report It. That's what the mods want people to do.

However I do not believe that any bullying has gone on. You can say that it's rude to give $20 note earlier in this thread but can't handle it when someone says they feel expecting a certain amount is greedy? How is it any different?

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I'm a bully because I found the correlation between this thread and the trolley one funny?!

When most people in a thread disagree with you that usually means they are going to have similar/the same opinions as eachother. Am I not allowed to thank a post if I agree? Am I not allowed to also reply if someone else has, incase that means more than one person is disagreeing with you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Buttermilk I am sorry if you are feeling bullied. I don't think anybody has a problem with you as an individual. I personally dislike the modern wedding which entails the bride to feel, and therefore act, like a "princess". The "my day" and the "fairytale" catch phrases are a new phenomena, and people do seem to be extending themselves to have weddings that are way out of their budget and are therefore setting up wishing wells, flight vouchers etc to try to have family and guests chip in for their honeymoon or the stupid amounts they, as average working class people, spent on "their day". If anybody said to me that $20 isn't enough to attend a wedding I would say I am sorry I didn't realise their was a door charge for this 'privilidge'. It's not you I assure you, it's this new culture.

Those I know over 50 tell me all the time they don't understand the 'my day' or the huge loans as when they wed it was simple and what they could afford. There was none of this princess stuff.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (03-03-2013),Gracie's Mum  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    And I think if the expectation is that people cover their 'costs' people should make note of the cost and that expectation on the invite. People do not know others wedding budget, how could they? So a simple "attendence charge: $75" would be better IMO than expecting them to be mind readers and feel unwelcome because they got it wrong and didn't give a good enough amount. I think it's rather back-stabby to invite somebody and then get sh!tty with them behind their back because of the gift they gave.

if people were honest upfront that guests pay for their attendence then people would have a true choice and could say I am really sorry but I cannot afford to attend your wedding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    A government loan? Really? Lol yeah ok cos the government are in the habit if just handing out money

I recently went interstate for a big family birthday celebration with my two kids. After paying for flights as well as all my other household bills for the fortnight, I was left with $50. $50 to spend over a four day weekend on myself and two kids. The birthday party was held at a restaurant. I had to eat the salad bar so that I was able to buy a meal for my kids. I could have borrowed money from someone but I could never have afforded to pay them back so I just wouldn't ask in the first place.

Honestly, some people really just don't have a clue. Government loans? Please!
    Umm I have been on centre link before and u can get a loan through them thus government loan.....
    And it's quite easy to get one if you are on centre link but u can only get one a year.... Or something like that.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Please do not resort to personal attacks as that just leads to threads being closed and no one wants that

Members it seems this thread is getting a little heated and/or personal, if you personally feel posts are not in the keeping with the spirit of BubHub please report. The moderators read all reports and ONLY the moderators can see reported posts.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttermilk View Post
    You are a bully actually. You don't have to sit here all day and watch me either. You are being very aggressive. I suggest you move on.
    Don't flatter yourself... I was following the thread, it was not my intention to watch you. You've made it impossible not to.

Please acquaint yourself with BubHub's definition of cyber-bullying. If you believe I've breached it then report me. If not please stop calling me names, lest you be reported yourself.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nomsie, I just saw your post. I'm happy to leave the matter be if I'm not called a bully again

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (03-03-2013)