+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default home loan with casual job

Hey there,

Dh and i have been trying to sell our house for the past 12 months, and want to buy another place if we sell.
    since having dd last year, my maternity leave pay is about to end, and i am just going to do some casual night fill shifts at local supermarket, they will be set shifts that will be mine ( i used to work here for 5+ years whilst at uni), so i will earning a set base income every week, Dh earns about 60k at year the amount we would be looking at borrowing would be easily covered and paying a couple of hundred extra a fornitght easily and will also get some ftb a and b. we have great mortgage repayment history never missed a paymetn and paid extra, but now i am a casual at a different workplace will they re lend us money? we will also have a 15-19% deposit. tia
    Last edited by Mummy12; 27-02-2013 at 13:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My understanding is that banks do not count your casual income. Only permanent part time or full time. It's very annoying, we're having a similar issue and our bank advised for me to get permanent part time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The other thing to look at is whether your current home loan can be moved to your new property. Some can and some cant. If yours can then you wont need to requalify for a loan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I didn't know I could continue the same home loan that's good to know!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought my house on casual income.. If you have been there more than a year then it counts

Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, the banks do usually count your casual wage, however you usually have to have had the job for at least 12mths. I would suggest making an appointment with who you currently have your homeloan through and chat about your options. You may not need a brand new loan and may be able to just refinance your current loan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would go and talk to the bank your already with as you have credit history with them, I recently got a home loan but had a lot of difficulty as I have only worked as a casual but I have had the same job for 7 years and I had to show them 7 yrs of payslips and they take the lowest paid fortnight as my average which was def not a true reflection of my earnings, not fair but it's the way they do it.