+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Talk to me about Lego!

We are just getting into the proper Lego and the girls are loving it (naturally)
    So... how do you store it? Any good sources for inspiration? And what do you call the bricks? Like the squares have 4 dots but as kids we called then "2's" or squares, while the 8 dots were called "4's" or rectangles... But that doesn't work any more cos there are 6 dot rectangles now.
    And omg those teeny weeny BITS! They are so cute but they get lost so easily. And ouchie when you stand on them lol

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We have allll of DS lego in a huge clear plastic tub on wheels. We dont bother with the lid. We have a sheet in the cupboard that he can put down on the floor when he brings the lego into the loungeroom to play with, so allll the lego STAYS ON THE SHEET!!!! (sounds easier said than done but Im a tough mummy and enforce that sh!t Lol) When he plays with it in his room he rarely uses the sheet but will pick through the large box...its big enough so it isnt that deep so he can kind of sort through it for a certain piece easier. If he gets annoyed cos he cant find a piece then he will go get the sheet, lay it out and tip all the lego onto it and look for it that way.

Lego will find itself into every part of your home and you will step on it constantly....its just a fact of life Lol Once it enters, it takes over....one must learn to co-exist with the Lego.

Oh, and I have no idea what the pieces are called.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You can get these block bags that are a circle of material with a draw string, so you open out out flat, they play with them on the circle (in theory) and then you just pull the draw string up and its all packed up....except for that one tiny stray piece that you will stand on and wish that you were in labour again because it has to feel better than the pain of Lego.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

RobinSparkles  (27-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh the sheet is a good idea! We've been putting them on the rug but then you still have to pick everything up when they have finished. With a sheet you could just scoop everything up at once. (And yes I enforce that sh!t too lol, its too blardy expensive to have it chucked around the house!)

I'm realising how out of touch i've got with my inner child tho, anyone know any good websites with instructions/inspirations?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah lego- DS has 2 big tubs of the duplo, 1 big tub and a smaller tub for the lego, and than has 1 small tub with all the intstructions we've kept throughout the years. I haven't bought lego for years but after a recent playdate where he and 2 of his friends got it all out and had a ball playing with it- I'm thinking we might have a look at what else is out.

Currently, we have both trains in duplo and lego and some other bits and pieces- aeroplane, helicopter, firetruck, garbage truck etc etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used to play on a big sheet, then had several boxes like this http://babyology.com.au/wp-content/u...ting-box-1.jpg to pour it into after.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We don't have that much Lego yet so at the moment it fits into a lear plastic container with a lid. A friends son loves Lego and has a tonne of it so she colour coded it. Blue blocks in one container, yellow in another etc.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Our Lego is colour coded. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1361934886.627898.jpg

We have a Lego sorting head but its not worth the $40 I paid for it doesn't sort very well at all. The boys and I much prefer the colour coded way :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes we have the Lego head also. Managed to get it for $25 on sake but wouldn't spend $40 on it. It's ok but yep pretty cr@p at sorting. Good storage though. Probably better options out there though

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 1CrazyMoose For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (27-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    Our Lego is colour coded. Attachment 32466

We have a Lego sorting head but its not worth the $40 I paid for it doesn't sort very well at all. The boys and I much prefer the colour coded way :-)
    Wow does it get sorted out like that after every time they play with it? You must be very patient lol