+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Worried

Hi All,
    I am 17 weeks today and I just can't stop worrying about my baby!! Some days are worse than others.. I am just so terrified something will go wrong and I won't know about it.
    I have no symptoms of problems and we last heard the heartbeat 2 weeks ago at our hospital appointment.
    Am I the only crazy person out there or is it normal to worry?? I think I will feel better once I start to feel stronger kicks from bub maybe...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Completely normal I think it's difficult when you first start feeling movements one day and the next nothing! Especially earlier on when its to be expected its still something we worry about, I also stressed out about a cramp that came out of no where but I think as long as we try to relax and give it a couple of days to feel more movement and be thankful for the times we are lucky enough to feel our little one hope this makes sense a little sleep deprived at the moment! Good luck with your pregnancy I'm sure in a couple of weeks more regular movements will put you at ease

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is exactly how I feel!! Over the weekend I thought I was starting to feel movements but I wasn't sure and then today i felt nothing.. It makes me worry so much and makes me thing what I was feeling never was movement only gas! :/
    It is all so nerve racking!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is! When my lil one goes quiet everyone tells me she is growing, so I keep telling myself tomorrow my belly is going to be bigger because she is quiet and usually it is! I think further on its more of an issue but at the moment they have a lot more room to swim around! Just think later on they will be moving around so much (around bedtime) we will be waiting for them to go to sleep haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP - Don't think you are the only one this happens to. At one point I was going to the doctors every week as I started to get High Blood Pressure, and was sure that something happened during the week and that the baby died.

It is always reassuring to hear the heartbeat, but once you start to feel movement, some of that worry will go away. It will appear when the little one decides to fall asleep and you haven't felt movement for awhile, but hang in there.

Remember we are all like this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have done this through all 5 pregnancies. It's totally normal and I think once they turn 1 you stop thinking something awful will happen!
    (I'm scared of SIDS)
    Parenthood hey ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there join the club! I'm also 17 weeks and feel so worried that things are on track. I haven't been able to enjoy my pregnancy yet. I have been told that as your bump grows and you feel the movements then it becomes easier to relax. Hope this is true!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillac View Post
    I have been told that as your bump grows and you feel the movements then it becomes easier to relax. Hope this is true!
    It is and it isn't. When you first start tyo feel it you start worrying at the times you don't. There will always be something to worry about. Part of being a mother I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you thought about buying or hiring a doppler for home? That way you can check on bub's heartbeat from home ... although I've heard from others that it can be hard to find bub when they're so small and that can cause a lot of stress too!

I'm 27 weeks tomorrow with my first and have stopped worrying so much since 24 weeks. There are days when she doesn't move as much as others, but I know it's normal - especially when they are going through growth spurts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually ended up buying a doppler yesterday. It took us a little while first go, but since we have been able to find bubs heartbeat quite easily. It is so re assuming to hear it!! I think it will really help