+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was induced and had this happen.
    I think it's normal for induced and to be honest I disliked anyone coming in and out. I went into the labour ward 2 hours before my son was born. Probably 45 minutes before I started pushing it took ages to get his fat little head out ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Very normal at our local hospital. Yay QLD health.

I've spent a total of 4 nights in hospital post baby arrivals and 2 of those we had a labouring woman in a bed in our room, they weren't allowed certain pain relievers because they weren't in the birth suite, it was awful to listen to.

I wasn't surprised, there are always bed shortages here, I've had examinations on the floor and was pressured into leaving after 1 night post c-section with my first baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OP, was that in a public or private hospital? I went private and can't imagine that happening there. I was very slow to progress and went straight into a birth suite on arrival and stayed there for about 20hrs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    No not normal, if you want pain relief ask for it, if you don't get it, Ask and ask and ask. Be the squeaky wheel that gets the oil.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 28-02-2013 at 13:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone