+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ouch!!! Nipple thrush HELP

I went to the doctors today and I have some cream but I was wondering if there is anything else I could be doing as well, my DD has oral meds because its now right threw her poor little one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What are the meds have you been given already?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm on the daktarin oral jell, I just pop it on my b00bs after a feed and DD is on nilstat

up in the sky so high zoom zoom zooma zoom zoom
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just keep try to keep it clean and air them out a bit, when i get thrush i just use the daktarin oral gel, for me and bubba, if your using breast pads change them more frequently, and not much else, you could bathe them in a brown vinegar and sterile water solution between the gel applications, usually helps speed up the healing ( its 1 part vinegar to 10 parts water) Hope it all clears quickly for you, its pretty nasty!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can use an anti fungal like daktarin cream (sometimes it's more effective) but it needs to be washed off quite well before feeds. You can also get Bioceuticals Baby Biotic from some pharmacies or health food stores. It's a probiotic specially for bubs under 3 months. Nilstat can sometimes take a while to work as it needs to be swirled around the mouth and bubs can't do that. Other than that I'm out of ideas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used Daktarin oral gel for my (then) 2 month old dd. it was on her tongue and on my nipple. Make sure you only use a small amount on her tongue (I was paranoid and only rubbed a speck on then waited for it to dissolve) I also did the vinegar wash and airing of nipples around the house!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls ill try out it all, I never got it when feeding DS so it's all new for me
    Does it take a while to clear up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told to put the daktarin on sparingly just before a feed so it would provide a barrier. and sparingly so that bub wouldn't ingest it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have any other advice to offer but just wanted to say, poor you I battled thrush for quite a few weeks very early on. It's just awful and can take a while to go. Be vigilant with the creams and washing clothing/breast pads (if cloth) etc and get lots of air on your nipples, and sun if you can (through the window). Good luck! I hope it clears soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Cluky I have had nipple thrush too when my bub was 6ish weeks old. I used the daktarin on me and the nilstat on bub. I would forget to use the treatments when things felt better and then the next day it would be back and I would have to start all over again. Stick with the treatments for the 4 days after you feel better and change breast pads and leaked on bra or feeding singlets. Lots of fresh air on nipples between feeds and some sun too. I also took some inner health plus tablets. I didn't have it with my first two (and I had never even heard of it until bubhub) so felt a bit clueless too. Hope it clears up very quickly for you.