+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Amniocentesis in Perth

Hi everyone I've just been told I will need an amnio done. Just wondering if anyone from Perth had it done at king Eddy. What it's like, the cost the risks all that. I'm super worried

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump please any help would be appreciated even anyone who has h had an amnio that aren't from WA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    King Edward is fantastic and have great drs in the sonography department. You will be in great hands all the best

Ps I'm not sure about this but I don't think you have to pay anything in the public system x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I mainly wanted to know about the pain and I'm so worried about the miscarriage risk. It's so daunting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You shouldn't feel much pain at all. The amnio carries a lot less risk then a CVS. I've known a lot of people have them and have no issue afterwards. I'm sure all will be fine although I know it doesn't help you worry hugs x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had both a cvs and an amnio for this pregnancy, the cvs was more uncomfortable than the amnio. both weren't fun but bearable just relax as much as you can & it's over within a couple of minutes x

afterwards just take it easy for a few days. I didn't cramp but still took it easy. yes there's a risk of miscarriage but with an experienced team you will be in good hands

I had both of mine bulk billed through the hospital (public).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. Also I have a 12kg I've year old who loves to be picked up and jump on me considering my partner works away would it be best to stay at my mums for a couple of days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definately no heavy lifting or exercise for 48 hours. Try rest up as much as possible x goodluck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    meesha, my 13kg 3yo dd has a disability & I carry her alot. (still do at 24+4). do try to limit carrying them if possible but staying at your mums for a night might be a good idea if you want to be safe x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    I had my amino done at king Eddie in 2010. They were fantastic there! The nurses particularly in the fetal medicine centre were lovely and they always made sure that I was informed and understood all parts of the procedure. The procedure itself was free as were the FISH results which I got in 48 hours of the test. They do an ultrasound first to check for soft markers and to see where bub is lying then they go ahead with the needle. It was not really painful and over quite quickly, I didn't look though! You will definitely need some help for the couple of days after as you can't lift things, I remember feeling pain when I sneezed. All in all it wasn't as terrifying as I thought it would be and I hope it all goes well for you.