+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Tiredness - anyone else?

I'm coming up for 23 weeks pregnant, and I am so tired. I have no idea where this mythical 2nd trimester energy burst is going to come from??

At my last OB appointment I mentioned it, and he sent me for blood tests (e.g., checking iron), but the results came back as normal.

I just feel exhausted all the time. I'm going to bed before 8pm most nights, and waking with the alarm at 6am, but I wake feeling like I haven't slept at all.

I have a 2.5yr old, and she can be tiring at times, but I don't understand why I'm feeling like this.

I keep thinking that maybe I should try to exercise more, as I haven't done any lately at all - and maybe that would give me more energy... But when it comes to it I just can't bring myself to do it.

Some afternoons I'll even have a short nap, if DD sleeps (which is rare), but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Anyone else feeling like this? My OB didn't really have much to suggest/ say about it. I just don't remember feeling this bad last pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, this is me! I also have a 2.5 yo, which I think really makes a difference compared to being pregnant with no other kids to look after. Plus he doesn't sleep well so I'm still getting broken sleep

Have you had your iron or vitamin D checked? I have slighly low vit D and that can make you feel tired too.

Overall I just put it down to the fact that it's my second child, I'm a few years older and I've got a toddler. Just trying to get through it day by day and trying to do a bit of exercise, get a bit of sun, take my multi-vitamins and eat healthier foods.

ETA: sorry I just re-read and you said you had your iron checked.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Electric Boogaloo For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (27-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have felt unusually tired this whole preg (am 33 weeks now). I never got the second trimester energy burst either . I also have a 2 yo DS, so I know exactly how you feel! My iron is fine, I do try to exercise most days, but find it doesn't really help with my energy levels. My only suggestion would be trying to eat really well and get a nap in during the day if you can.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (27-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks - glad to know I'm not alone, although I'm sorry you're both going through it too!

Maybe being a couple of years older makes a difference too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I've just entered the 3rd trimester and I'm still tired! I definitely think having a toddler to run around after makes the exhaustion worse than when you are pregnant the first time round and can have more relaxation time!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (27-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    GirlX... Been wondering how you are doing! Hope apart from the tiredness you are doing great you're not alone though... I'm knackered nearly all the time. I only really get one day a week where I have energy enough to clean and do chores etc! Otherwise it's just eat sleep and a little work... Then repeat!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pickledpink For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (02-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickledpink View Post
    GirlX... Been wondering how you are doing! Hope apart from the tiredness you are doing great you're not alone though... I'm knackered nearly all the time. I only really get one day a week where I have energy enough to clean and do chores etc! Otherwise it's just eat sleep and a little work... Then repeat!
    Thanks, Pickledpink!

I'm doing okay - it really is just the tiredness now. I'm glad that's 'all' it is, after a bit of a shaky 1st trimester, but just soooo sleepy - constantly!! DD woke me at 5.50am today, by yelling "MUMMY!" - which was not appreciated at that hour...

How many weeks are you now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That "mummy" will double for you soon! Lol
    I'm 22w4d... Can't believe I've made it this far... Really hanging to pass 24wk as that to me is the true viable mark... Then 26wk as I know how to handle that... Then onward and upward over 30weeks will be awesome!
    I'm in the June /July fb group... You should join us!