+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    However in saying that atropos I do personally believe it is a great and important part of the process. Your commitments to getting this message out there are obviously inspired by pure heart and courage. Youre an inspiring woman!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kiplusthree For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (26-02-2013)

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    Are you meaning the quote having a religion is like having a penis it is ok to have one, it is not ok to some it down peoples throats ??
    Or having a opinion is like having a penis it's ok to have one but its not ok to shove it down peoples throats
    No they were all different issues. Religion is always a debate that's shoved down our throats. Penis was a joke. Gay rights are always being protested and in the news and so is environmental preservation.

Sent from my talky stick

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    From what I saw, no one did
    Well if I was the cafe owner and my cafe was full of nursing or none nursing mothers or anyone for that mater not buying food and drinks I would ask them to leave breast feeding or not cafes are to buy food and drinks

Or was it just out side not on cafe property ? If that's the case fair enough but in the cafe on their chairs not buying stuff I would turf them out lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Ashram had a good analogy - Rosa Parks Loads of people were made to feel 'uncomfortable' but when people's discomfort (and bigotry) gets in the way of other's rights it's a world gone mad.
    Amen!!

Think of all the people who were uncomfortable because they thought they'd catch diseases of black people. They thought they were right, they had plenty of support in their views as well.

Just because someone is uncomfortable around breastfeeding doesn't mean breastfeeders need to accommodate them.

I'm glad there are people willing to stick their necks out, who ultimately change the shape of the world. Breastfeeding is nowhere near as big an issue as racism, but it is important.

If you start saying 'don't do that, it makes some people uncomfortable' you just can't draw the line.

Personally, drunk people make me uncomfortable, and I would love to see alcohol restricted, but it's not illegal, and so the problem is mine, not the drinkers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    Well if I was the cafe owner and my cafe was full of nursing or none nursing mothers or anyone for that mater not buying food and drinks I would ask them to leave breast feeding or not cafes are to buy food and drinks

Or was it just out side not on cafe property ? If that's the case fair enough but in the cafe on their chairs not buying stuff I would turf them out lol
    We stood outside- here's a pic or two

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (26-02-2013),InWatermelonSugar  (26-02-2013),missie_mackxxxx  (26-02-2013),MissMuppet  (26-02-2013),Sonja  (26-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiplusthree View Post
    However in saying that atropos I do personally believe it is a great and important part of the process. Your commitments to getting this message out there are obviously inspired by pure heart and courage. Youre an inspiring woman!
    Thank you very much

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The apathy upsets me too, about this, but also gay rights being thrown around

When your rights are being stomped on, I hope you have people supporting your crusade, instead of rolling their eyes and burying their heads in the sand because your rights (or lack thereof) are boring to them.
    Last edited by rainbow road; 26-02-2013 at 16:57.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (26-02-2013),Atropos  (26-02-2013),Benji  (27-02-2013),DailyDiversion  (26-02-2013),darla87  (26-02-2013),Elijahs Mum  (26-02-2013),GreenMama  (26-02-2013),Kiplusthree  (26-02-2013),MissMuppet  (26-02-2013),RobinSparkles  (26-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My cheeky husband just said he thinks 'breastfeeding in the home is a crime against humanity'.

Yes, he wants a big nurse in at our home!

In answer to the OP, I think nurse in's are always going to be a much more powerful tool than simply boycotting and think what the nurse in ladies did today was awesome.

* Note* this is all tongue in cheek as I'm a breastfeeding Mum with a very pro breastfeeding DH*.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Don't get me wrong, I think protest can be useful and I love protesting when people are passionate about an issue. People coming together for a common goal is awe-inspiring.

It's just that I don't believe, in regards to a coffee shop or similar, boycotting nor a nurse-in are going to do much at all long-term.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (26-02-2013),Maybelline  (26-02-2013)

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    My cheeky husband just said he thinks 'breastfeeding in the home is a crime against humanity'.

Yes, he wants a big nurse in at our home!

In answer to the OP, I think nurse in's are always going to be a much more powerful tool than simply boycotting and think what the nurse in ladies did today was awesome.

* Note* this is all tongue in cheek as I'm a breastfeeding Mum with a very pro breastfeeding DH*.
    Lol he just wants to see boobies boobies everywhere