+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Has gender swaying work for you?

I didn't try to sway gender at all with either pregnancy, but found it interesting a friend of mine who used a doner was told she would most likely get a girl because of where she was in her cycle. He told her the male sperm due quicker so if you are exposed to sperm closer to your O date you are more likely to get a boy.

I never would have believed this but thinking about it, DD we DTD earlier in my cycle and DS (current pregnancy) I actually thought I had missed my O date and was geared up for a BFN.
    (I know it was that particular session of DTD that got us DS as it was only once that month we didn't use protection / we decided we wanted number 2 pretty out if the blue)

Anyone else done this/noticed this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    We used the shettles method with my DD. It was successful- but there was always a 50/50 chance it would be, right?
    That's why I was always so skeptical when people would talk about gender swaying. Especially using the Chinese gender chart! It's 50% chance it will be correct, so it's not that amazing lol

But the sperm dying method sounds more medically possible.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used the O+12 method plus abstinence plus diet to sway for a girl. We have ended up with twins! Will update when we find out the sex! I'm only 13 weeks right now

Sent from my umbrella

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I did a successful girl sway this time after our 2 sons were conceived on or around ovultion. We did 4 day cutoff (Shettles), plus suppliments, vitamins, sudafed and so on. I think the 4 day cutoff and attempting to change pH made a difference- but who knows??? I guess we had a 50% chance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i tried to track my cycle for our 2nd baby it was hard as id just come off bc. No opk, temping or any of that. dtd when i felt ovulation twinges on one side. dtd just that one time for that cycle and got our boy.
    For our DD we dtd numerous times thru out my cycle, again had no idea when i would o because i'd just come off bc. We just wanted to have some fun and get pregnant

the science behind genders maks sense to me, it's all about the timing. But yet again it's still 50/50 or is it 51 for boys?!
    Last edited by Little Miss Muffet; 26-02-2013 at 13:01.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope, we did a girl sway for this bub. Got everything exactly spot on timing-wise, I was taking cranberry supps etc. and pretty much did everything I could without getting too 'science-y' on it.
    We're having a boy.

Shettles has actually been debunked. There is a timing factor but it's not because of the way he put it forward. He said that it was because female sperm are slower and male sperm are faster because of a minuscule weight difference as female sperm carry more dna.
    It's been proven that that's not the case. Male and female sperm aren't significantly faster either way, it's just that female sperm are apparently 'hardier' and therefore more likely to survive longer.

Either way, swaying didn't work for us. I'm not sure it ever would if I'm honest, looking at DH's familys (boys EVERYWHERE) it's probably statistically less likely for us to have a girl because men in his family tend to carry more male sperm and of course it's the sperm that determines gender.
    Last edited by Eko; 26-02-2013 at 13:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't gender sway but my friend did, she desperately wanted a girl & fell pregnant with twin boys instead... And that was using Shettles method....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We swayed for another girl .. This one is looking like a boy !

Thanks
    Reviews
    We tried Shettles for a boy and it worked - we're having a boy! But we'll never know if it was Shettles or just normal 50/50 chance.

I thought it was worth a try just for fun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to pop in to say we found out that we are having twin girls! So our sway worked doubly well!

*This post is Chuck Norris approved*