+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    I do like Newtown to visit ... But it is grotty .. Why is this hard to believe ??
    It is the way you said it. "Newtown is a dirty place, I wouldn't feed their". So basically everyone who has ever fed there is dirty, anyone who lives there is dirty. That is what I take exception to. It may be crowded, not enough trees, busy like crazy. But it is also quirky, funky and usually very open to the differences in people. That may not seem like a lot to you, but Newtown is one of the few places where it is ok to be yourself and everyone is cool with it. I think that is pretty darn special.

If you don't like it, you don't have to go there. You know that right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    It is the way you said it. "Newtown is a dirty place, I wouldn't feed their". So basically everyone who has ever fed there is dirty, anyone who lives there is dirty. That is what I take exception to. It may be crowded, not enough trees, busy like crazy. But it is also quirky, funky and usually very open to the differences in people. That may not seem like a lot to you, but Newtown is one of the few places where it is ok to be yourself and everyone is cool with it. I think that is pretty darn special.

If you don't like it, you don't have to go there. You know that right?
    Well sometimes I do have to go .. But i just turn up my nose and hold my breath !!

Ha ha!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    The nurse in went well, about 50 mums, a few men, lots of kids and bubs. The manager didnt attend though, very disappointing.
    That's a great turn out. I will eagerly be trawling the news sites for articles well done all.

And as for Newtown being 'dirty' etc. do u live in Sydney?? Have u not noticed most of Sydney is like that? What an odd thing to say on a thread like this. A woman shouldn't feed her baby in Newtown. What about on public buses/trains? In Sydney city? If we were to only feed babies in clean, sterile environments we wouldn't be able to leave the house!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobsmamma View Post
    That's a great turn out. I will eagerly be trawling the news sites for articles well done all.

And as for Newtown being 'dirty' etc. do u live in Sydney?? Have u not noticed most of Sydney is like that? What an odd thing to say on a thread like this. A woman shouldn't feed her baby in Newtown. What about on public buses/trains? In Sydney city? If we were to only feed babies in clean, sterile environments we wouldn't be able to leave the house!!
    Wouldn't say my house is sterile, heck, sometimes it's not even clean when I have 3 children at home

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Wouldn't say my house is sterile, heck, sometimes it's not even clean when I have 3 children at home
    Well we won't be able to feed anywhere then!! Lol. Too bad if u have a mouse/ rat problem at home also. Double whammy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobsmamma For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (27-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That is funny, on account of all Sydney being dirty and polluted!

Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    Well sometimes I do have to go .. But i just turn up my nose and hold my breath !!

Ha ha!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    That is funny, on account of all Sydney being dirty and polluted!
    True!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by btmac View Post
    Did you see the title of the story though? 'Militant mums' WTF! As if only women who are some sort of weird extremists bf I am starting to get very impatient with the way bf mums are being portrayed in the media
    Yep, wasn't too surprised actually. TT are known for sensationalist journalism. Still, it was a bit of a shame. I was initially invited to speak live on the program last night, but they changed how they were doing it, which I guess allowed them to cut and paste their footage and put a different spin on it- something that would have been more difficult for them live on air. Ah well