+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default No best friend :( help....

Thanks everyone! I am going to join a playgroup I think! and my hubby's best friends partner is having a baby so maybe that will bring us closer... None of our friends have kids yet so that makes it hard in his social circle.

Time to try harder. House next door is for sale so maybe they will have kids. Might even organise a street gathering to meet everyone... I spent last year with morning sickness so was hard to make an effort. Hmmm maybe just a ladies morning tea . will wait til the new neighbours come... Then that's the street complete for now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hi OP! I met my best friend at work when I was 26. We didn't become friends until I changed jobs and we were no longer workmates. So we started being best friends when I was around 28. She is around 15 years older than me. My other best friend is my sister - I adore her.

I'm always on the look out for new friends and I agree with other posters, sometimes you have to initiate the friendship. I spend a lot of time organising to catch up with new friends. It's hard work but I hope they'll become permanent friends.

My latest friends I have met through mothers group and a free babies session at my local library. I usually try to strike up a couple of conversations to see if we 'click' over 2 or 3 weeks. Then I invite them out for a coffee. OP - maybe you could try this?

I really hope you find someone to share a close friendship with. You sound very nice, it's probably just a matter of time before you meet someone who's also looking for a best friend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    No advice. I am the same. Sometimes I can't be bothered with the maintenance of friendships, other times I wish I had someone I could confide in who I can trust.

I guess that's why I joined bubhub.
    This is me too

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (27-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I'm the same.
    I have maybe 2 friends who I don't see regularly but talk online a bit. I had a bestie til about 2yrs ago when she chucked a **** over something and stopped talking to me.

I was hoping now that ds1 has started prep that I'd meet some of the mums there but none of them give me the time of day. They also have they're own little cliques.

I get lovely I've got no one to talk to besides DH (not that that's a bad thing) I'd just really love a bestfriend.