+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 13 weeks and not booked into a hospital yet!?

Hey!

I am 13 weeks with my second bub and have been trying to book into Biralee Box Hill but havent received any notice from them and when ever I call I only get the answering machine.

I am starting to get anxious that im almost into my second trimester and dont even have a first appt yet :-/

Has this happened to any one at Box Hill or any where else? What happens when you book in late?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I'd get your doctor/OB office to follow-up. They usually have their own direct contact people and numbers.

Thanks
    Reviews

With my Hosp you missed out if you didn't get in around 5/6weeks.

Keep on calling, call the switchboard & get them to put u through cus they'll have diff numbers to try - or get your ob to call.

If going private and seeing an ob, I had no Hosp visits until birth so u don't need to worry about appointments ....

Thanks
    Reviews

I would go and speak to them directly

Thanks
    Reviews
    They might not do booking in appointments until more 15-20 weeks?

Also if its a public hospital, people book in "late" all the time especially if they move during the pregnancy or their just slack. Hell we have people show up in labour who never booked in.

Try calling the main hospital number and asking switchboard to put you through to the antenatal clinic, rather than dialling direct.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to Box Hill two years ago and did shared care with my doctor. I called to book in about 10 weeks and they sent me paperwork. They also have some on their website if I remember correctly. I didn't have my first appointment with them until about 20 weeks or so.

Thanks
    Reviews

I am booked into another eastern health hospital, I did the paperwork online, last Monday & today a letter came from them saying I am booked in and the date of my first antenatal appointment which is at about 14 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember when I booked in with my hospital, I got told that they generally only see you from 15-20 weeks onwards. This is the time that the change or miscarrying has lowered. They only wanted me to fill out a form and said they would contact me when it go closer to the time they needed to see me.

I would however go to your GP, who gave you the referral for the hospital and get them to contact the hospital on your behalf and follow it up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Perhaps go in to see them?
    I'm booked at the angliss ferntree gully for July. I called at 12 weeks and got the last spot there.

If they do fill up I believe you need to look elsewhere....a girlfriend of mine missed out on the angliss and had to go to box hill. I think they are bigger and have more spots. So you might be ok?
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies, I ended up just persistently calling and FINALLY got through to an actual person in the maternity bookings area. She said that they have my booking form but are behind because of the recent change over from mail to online bookings.

She assured me I will get my appointment soon. Phew!