+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Well said SassyMummy, I agree.
    I am one of those skinny people and am sick of some of the attitude others get towards me for it, it is not fair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I agree. I've actually cut right back on looking at my FB.... It's full of crap like that these days.

Its not just about weight either. I listen to my younger sisters - one night going out for dinner for one of their birthday, and I commented she was looking gorgeous and my other sister said 'don't tell her that, she knows it'. Reminded me if high school where the 'beautiful' girls were never complimented or told they were beautiful because they surely already knew it. Um right, everyone needs to hear it! Girls can be so horrid to each other. We are so severe on our own sex.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yup I have seen it before..
    I really dont give a **** what other people look like.Every person has their own prefrences on how they like to look,just like every person has their prefrences on who they find attractive...but keep it in your own head,no need to say it!And move along!
    I would never say "eat a burger" or "omg you should eat salad" coz ya know I am not perfect and its not my place to judge.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Real Women have Curves, Only a Dog Likes Bones, Real Men Like Meat, etc etc...

Theres a fb group like this and its so rude.......Why is it ok to verbally abuse anyone? Skinny or fat?

Im a size 10 and i find it offensive. Ive been fat so i know what its like and now im slim again after loosing a heap of weight last year. You just cant win either way it seems

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Real Women have Curves, Only a Dog Likes Bones, Real Men Like Meat, etc etc...

There was a thread similar to this a while back.

I am a skinny personal ways have been but due to numerous health issues am more skinnier than usual.

I get so upset and annoyed at those stupid posts. There isn't any posts on FB about people who are larger and saying the skinnier ones are better. Why is it a double standard to skinny chicks? I've been told some nasty things in my time about my slight frame and it's incredibly hurtful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have always been very small, its my genetics, my sisters are even smaller than I am. I am classed as underwieght according to those height/weight charts. I used to cop it bad from girls all through high school telling me constantly to eat some more and I had a boss later in life ask my mother if I was anorexic or bullimic! Seriously people! Back up off. I have always eaten well. I eat enough to rival my younger brother! When I have ever tried to vent to friends all I get is, "well you shouldnt complain because you are skinny and fat people get paid out bad so at least you arent one of them." Yeah it sux that any girl is being made to feel bad about her body. Its not right. But why should I put up with rubbish from other people just cause Im skinny? Vent over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Real Women have Curves, Only a Dog Likes Bones, Real Men Like Meat, etc etc...

Don't be fooled... There is plenty of fat hate in existence too...

I see it on FB all the time as well. A pic of a sexy bigger girl is shared and some fools comment about how she is disgusting, unhealthy, a bad role model, etc etc.

So this isn't to say that anyone has it worse... So please don't turn the thread into "you're not allowed to say it to a fat girl so why is it okay to pick on me?" IME fat girls DO get their fair share of nasty comments as well.

It's just that both sides of the coin can get it... And it sucks... And is wrong... And neither side should be saying, "it's so much worse for me..." Or, "well, if people like bodies like that instead of bodies like this..." Etc. instead, skinny girls shouldn't be putting up with lines said about their fatter counterparts and vice versa.

Anyone who doesn't want their body judged and criticised like that should make sure to shut down anyone who picks on a woman's body REGARDLESS of her body shape or size. I don't like people saying anti skinny crap to me... And now people have started picking on fat people to me when they don't realise that I've spent most of my adult life obese... Neither is good. Both are vile.

Thanks
    Reviews

It's more it seems it is acceptable to call a skinny person names and get away with it than the opposite.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

I think our perception of what's more common probably depends on which end we are most likely to be on tbh.

I think criticising both are deemed somewhat acceptable in society... It's just done in different ways. Neither is fair.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

lambjam  (26-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Sure isn't