+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm glad you agree... and sorry for some of your crappy experiences.

There are people who do lead unhealthy lifestyles and if you care about them, then yeah, it might be an okay idea to CONSIDER bringing it up with them POLITELY... but if it's a random person or someone you're not close to? Then STFU. Chances are they don't want or need your opinion or "advice," anyway. Especially when it's just, "Yeah, skinnier/fatter/etc is hotter." Because that helps who exactly?

I think it's fine to have a preference for a certain body shape or size or whatever. To find one more attractive to you than another. You can't really control that stuff... but having a preference doesn't mean anyone who doesn't fit that requirement is unattractive or in need of your criticism.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hate it too. I was a "chubby teenager" (around 67kg) and am currently a size 8 (52kg). stress caused me to get down to 47kg for my wedding, I was too thin then. I actually have quite a curvy figure (hips bum and thighs) it's just that I'm petite. I've had some really rude comments. When wedding dress shopping the assistant said "can you eat a burger then come back?" buying shape wear at big w the checkout operator "and what do you need these for?"

The point is everyone is attracted to different shapes and sizes otherwise the world would be really boring. Healthy is what matters

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Real Women have Curves, Only a Dog Likes Bones, Real Men Like Meat, etc etc...

It's about time people start to feel this way!

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Real Women have Curves, Only a Dog Likes Bones, Real Men Like Meat, etc etc...

Clearly it's a backlash against the perception pumped out by the media that underweight is the ideal all girls should strive for; when only super-skinny women are deemed attractive enough to be models it sends a pretty clear message to our daughters.

While I'd like to see this message addressed, it's entirely possible to do so without smashing the self-esteem of thin women in the process.

I don't think people are intending to be cruel when they peddle this nonsense, I assume they're just stupendously thick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Brilliantly worded as usually sassy. And I completely agree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Lol thanks one of those mums... I thought it was really badly worded and ranty... Lol... So ta!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really hate this too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, yep and yep.
    Its just pinning women against women.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate it too, I'm one of those skinny people through genetics and health issues. I finally braved clothes shipping and was horrified when I asked a shop assistant if she had it in a size 6, she let out a chuckle and said oh no we don't bother with that size anymore. Ok fair enough but save the giggle, it's just as hurtful regardless of what size you are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

What an idiot sales person ICanDream!!!! Forever New caters for the petite market. They go right down to a size 4, it's fantastic!! I got some really cute shorts in a 4 yesterday and they fit like a dream it's difficult to find clothes when your small sometimes!