+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Real Women have Curves, Only a Dog Likes Bones, Real Men Like Meat, etc etc...

I'm sorry, but I need to have a rant.

I am sick and tired of seeing women (and sometimes men) spread these stupid one-liners around. They're not empowering, they're just as vile as "harpoon the fat chick," style one-liner bullsh*t.

You know what, real women do have curves... but plenty of other real women don't. About all a real woman has to have to be a real woman is the ability to view herself as a woman. If she does that, then she's a real woman. A woman who is curvy doesn't "out-woman," a skinny woman without curves, and while we're talking curves... curvy isn't "fat." Yes, it seems to have become a nice way to say "fat," but they're not the same thing. You don't need to crack it when a skinny woman is called curvy... because if she's got hips and boobs, and a smaller middle, then she's curvy, even if she's a size 8. So stfu about that too.

I am so sick of the "When did THIS..." (usually pics of skinny models) "become hotter than THIS..." (usually curvier women who also happen to have a little more flesh on them) crap that is showing up all over FB. You know what? It didn't. What's hot and what's not is all about perception, and you don't need to degrade one body type to make another feel accepted. All should be accepted, because we all get what we're given... dieting, exercise etc... it can change you a bit, but if you've got curves, you're going to have them regardless, and if you're not curvy, you're unlikely to procure them using natural methods (ie. without surgery). And you're just fine the way you are.

So seriously, bigger-than-average chicks... stop saying this skinny-hate crap. You spreading that filth is just as bad as people taunting you because you're not thin. It's just as nasty and unfair, and it makes you look like a superficial jerk.

I have never been, nor ever will be, skinny. Unless I get some horrible disease, I will never be a small girl. I've lost my weight, it seems to have stopped here, and I'm still curvy, I still have flesh on me. I'm 71kg and still "overweight," according to BMI. So I mean... this isn't coming from a skinny girl lamenting about how hard life is as a size 8... trying to tell all of you bigger than that, that my life is so much harder. Because it's not. I might not be "obese," anymore, but I've been plus-sized for far longer than I've been standard-sized, and this has never ever sat right with me.

Perhaps because I come from a skinny mother - who, when she was growing up, faced the same crap about her body shape I did, expect for the fact that she was skinny rather than curvy... whereas my generation seemed to want me to be the reverse (skinny, not curvy... except for maybe in recent years).

Nobody needs to be put down for their body shape, and to target thin women thinking it'll empower not-so-thin women is pathetic and it doesn't work. It just creates and US VS THEM mentality, and honestly... just stop.

Anyway, there's my rant. I'm done.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (25-02-2013),CMF  (26-02-2013),darla87  (25-02-2013),Ellymoe  (25-02-2013),Guest654  (25-02-2013),InWatermelonSugar  (25-02-2013),jagamoe  (25-02-2013),JustUs3  (25-02-2013),laray  (25-02-2013),Lillynix  (25-02-2013),Lottiemum  (11-04-2014),MissMuppet  (25-02-2013),MothersMilk  (25-02-2013),RipperRita  (25-02-2013),Sairz  (25-02-2013),Shoopuf  (25-02-2013),Tildy  (25-02-2013),twotrunks  (25-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Agreed, Sassy.

We all have different ideas of what's attractive, and there's no need to put anyone else down to make ourselves/ someone else feel better.

I also think it's important for people to focus on being healthy rather than a particular size.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree! I'm naturally curvier (pear shaped), BUT, I have a friend who is about 6ft and really skinny. It's just genetics, it's how she is. She's constantly upset because people say things like what you mentioned, she gets other women tell her to "eat a burger"... it's horrible!

I don't know why the hell people feel the need to comment on other peoples bodies at all, curvy or skinny. I've seen just as much hurt caused to skinny girls as I have to larger girls.
    Last edited by Anjalee; 25-02-2013 at 17:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Real Women have Curves, Only a Dog Likes Bones, Real Men Like Meat, etc etc...

Thank you! I also hate seeing those pictures plastered on fb and Instagram!

I'm tiny. Barely 44kgs and 168cm tall. I've always been skinny and lanky , always will be. I can't help my frame, I do nothing to make myself this size yet I get the "oh eat a burger" comments often. It's quite hurtful.

We're all different frames and builds, just be the best healthiest version of you and stop comparing yourselves to others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with you, Sassy. Those FB posts that are circulating at the moment annoy the cr@p out of me. I think it's really unfair that it is deemed socially inappropriate to make comment on a larger person's size, but it's perfectly ok to be rude to skinny people.

I once asked a (larger) shop assistant if I could try on a dress, to which she replied, "What for? It will look the same as it does on the hanger".

Seriously?

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree. I'm so very sick of the 'us against them' mentality. One body shape shouldn't be lauded as better than any other. The only body shape that should be desirable is HEALTHY.
    I don't care if someone is rake thin or as big as a house so long as their body shape isn't putting them at risk of disease or early death.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    I'm with you, Sassy. Those FB posts that are circulating at the moment annoy the cr@p out of me. I think it's really unfair that it is deemed socially inappropriate to make comment on a larger person's size, but it's perfectly ok to be rude to skinny people.

I once asked a (larger) shop assistant if I could try on a dress, to which she replied, "What for? It will look the same as it does on the hanger".

Seriously?
    What?!?! That is horrible. I'd have hit the roof.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I got told yesterday that I was overweight, had let myself go and needed to loose weight. I'm 162 cm tall and 70 kg..I know I'm not skinny but still.

Thanks
    Reviews

Umm im quite sure we are all "real" women??? We were all born with the same bits! Not made of plastic? You must be a real women then

Well said sassy!! I am finding myself over a lot of the sheite on fb and media lately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I do totally agree with everything you said Sassy. Some women are naturally thin, some tall, some of us have big boobs, small hips, small or big bums.

But...... in the last 20 years especially I think there has been a huge emphasis on being skinny, not bc of genes but from under eating which was started by the heroin chic models like Kate Moss. I do agree it may have swung back the other way lately but I just think it's the backlash from the constant messages women are sent that they must be underweight to be beautiful.