+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Lite and easy

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnybambino View Post
    I liked them and found the sizes pretty good. Whatever you do though, don't get the roast dinners, they're horrible!
    I agree with this! I found the pasta/rice dishes the best.

If you don't compare them to home cooked meals, then they are fine. I actually found 3-4 that I really enjoyed.

I have every intention of doing this when bub arrives too. I'll be on my own with a newborn and toddler so need to make sure I'm eating a 'relatively' healthy meal each day (as opposed to toast!).

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lite and easy

My bub is 8 1/2 months old and we have been getting Lite n Easy dinners since she was born. We have one night a week (usually Sunday) when we will cook dinner cos DH is home and can help. I really enjoy a lot of the meals and there is plenty of variety!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Lite and easy

The Asian style lamb shanks are really yum so is the lasagne. Some of the stir fry type ones weren't very nice. Agree the rissoles are good and I like the Mexican dishes. The Indian ones are good too!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lite and easy

Oh and I'm breastfeeding and eating the 1500 calorie plan! Has been enough for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Iam on lite n easy now although, not breast feeding. I love it. Iam so fussy too so for me to say this it must not be too bad? Iam in my 3rd week and have lost 6 kgs already, i have started doing light exsercise (water arobics and walking) nothing too full on and Iam loving it! I have 4 year old i have to still cook proper meals for, but my hubby works away so its good! The portion size is what we are meant to be eating so its very interesting to see how much i use to over eat! Of course like any diet you might stray but i seem to stick to this more than anything else that i have tried, as the food is all there. If iam really starving after dinner a peice of fruit or jelly is all i need to stop the hunger. Its not cheap but when you break it down I think it works out cheaper? I get the breakfast, lunch and dinner option its $151 a week i grabbed a few things for my sons lunch and dinners at the shop the other day not for a full week just a few days and it cost me $70 and ill have to go back again in a day or so. Only bad point would be my son wants to eat all my food haha i feel awful cause i have always told him to share and now mummies not sharing! Give it a go! even if its for a month to kick start your healthy living! Its made me realise i can do it! and i usually give up after a week! Iv even talked my very busy parents into it and they LOVE IT!!! Just check with your doctor if your breast feeding or pregnant they might just suggest the higher caloire option! Enjoy xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum is on lite n easy at the moment! - She told me she tried it years ago and hated it, but they must be better quality now because she swears by it! The portion sizes can be a little small, but i've tasted them and thought they were great!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get it most if the time ATM... My husband does fifo and we have a 14 month old that is super fussy in the evenings so its awesome to be able to pop something in the microwave for dinner! I have only found one or two meals that I haven't liked.. But DS was happy to gobble them up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    They're alright. Some I didn't like, some I loved, others were not fabulous but edible.

Their dinner frozen meals are 500g-ish, which is approx 200g more than you'd get from a freezer dinner you'd get from Woolies or similar (WW, Lean Cuisine, etc) but for the same amount of calories, so that's good.

I liked the daytime meals quite a bit though... but they're not really practical for anyone who also has to feed a family as well... but if it's just you and a baby and you can afford it, it's a good idea IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have found the dinners to be really good...not bland at
    all...Hmm...maybe I'm a little beige though

Every now and then I stumble upon a dinner that I am not fond of....but it is the exception rather than the rule.

My favourites are Chicken Tikka Masala, Beef Korma and Curried Sausages.

I don't feel hungry afterwards so the portion sizes feel fine to me.
    Last edited by Albert01; 08-05-2013 at 09:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I say its good idea cause its all ready but yes calorie intake may not be enough. Why dnt you freeze meals like slow cooker meals lasagne pasta dishes etc this is great to do.