+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I come up with them and he says yes or no ... My girl was easy .. He was onboard straight away ..
    Girls I had a couple .. But pretty sure this baby is a boy .....unfortunately only two names I like for boys ..( dislike 90./. Boys names .. So hard)

Luckily my man likes the names I come up with !!
    Last edited by Maybelline; 25-02-2013 at 08:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bitterpure View Post
    DH suggested the name we ended up choosing for DS. Before that he kept suggesting a lot of silly names (colours, fruits, days of the week etc...) so I was shocked when he actually finally suggested a 'proper' name! I liked it straightaway too!
    This is what is currently happening to me. He doesn't want anything generic and we can't agree on anything. He is taking it slightly more serious now, but I'm still frustrated that we can't agree on anything.

I would just start with all the names you like, hand him the list and let him know that these are your choices and if he doesn't have an issue or wants to add his own in that you will be picking the name. I perosnally think when It's closer he will put his ideas down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How involved was your DH in choosing baby names?

Hardly at all.
    He's got rubbish taste in names so I came up with them all and he just agreed. Suited me perfectly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default Re: How involved was your DH in choosing baby names?

With DS1 he kept suggesting names that were the same as someone we knew and I said no to every one and told him a couple I liked. Luckily he chose the one I really liked.

Also we had already decided that whatever first name DS1 would have DP's middle name.

DS2 I suggested some and he didn't choose any of the ones I liked. He decided one he really liked and told DS1 so I was outvoted. I chose his middle name though.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH was quite involved with DS1 and he will be with the second one.

We have three pronged naming...
    for ds it was 1st name is for my family heritage, 2nd name for dh's dad, 3rd name dh's cultural name, then our surname

this time would like
    same except 2nd name for my side

We like the names to match so hence the process.

for ds it was easy cause we both liked a name that is common where my family is from and it could be used for both a boy and then feminised. But now with number 2 coming we are a bit stuck for boy or girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Me and DH decided on both names together. We both put suggestions forward. I would never name our baby a name DH or myself didn't like.

Can you make a list and let DH help you narrow it down.
    Last edited by waterlily; 25-02-2013 at 09:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We suggested various names to each other and came up with plenty of girl names we liked. However finding a boy's name we both liked was harder and then we found out we were having a boy. I had one name I was fairly keen on for awhile and OH wasn't so sure. After awhile he sort of agreed to it, but I came up with a name I liked better and OH was much happier with that one. He wasn't so active in name choosing, but certainly was quite specific about his thoughts on ones that I came up with.

This time, we have decided not to seriously start working out names until we know the genders of each twin. OH has a favourite girl name, however both of us have had pets of this name in the past and I haven't quite moved past this fact myself (although I don't have any specific objections to the name). I'm sure if we're having 2 girls it will get used.

The previous girl name we decided on during my first pregnancy, I've gone off, since it has gradually been spelt with multiple spellings over the years. I don't fancy having to spell 2 kids first names and last name as well (always get asked to spell our surname which is only short).

Shall probably write a short list this time and then work on that.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    None! He just wouldn't take it seriously and kept suggesting Sharon, Denise, Trevor, Roger etc. in the end if he didnt screw up his nose at names I suggested they went on the list. I narrowed it down to my favourites and told him what I liked best and I think the best I got was "yeah, that's alright". 3 weeks before DD2 was born he decided he didn't like my favourite name so I told him to let me know what he liked better, and he didn't come up with anything so she got my favourite name. DH doesn't remember ever saying he didnt like it.
    Sounds like my hubby! Jokes around saying we're gonna call our babies names like 'agnes'!
    I'm not even pregnant yet but I have many names I like and mention them to him all the time. He gets used to them the more I mention them randomly. It's my sneaky strategy

Sometimes like yesterday he'll say something silly like 'oh I dunno bout that name. I almost went out with a girl with that name in 1999!' Gah! How is that a reason?? U didn't go out with her. And u must have liked her if u wanted to go out with her. Men!

Thanks
    Reviews

Last night he mentioned he 'liked normal names' and rambled off Geoff, Stuart and Paul.
    But they aren't names he's actually sat down and decided he likes. They are just the first names that popped into his head as his example of normal. If I asked him about the names again tonight he won't remember them.

The name I have told him we are calling DS if he doesn't come up isn't that unusual. Just not old.
    I think he likes it? He's so difficult!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD I came up with a name I liked and he agreed to it. We hadn't really discussed names at all, I just said what do you think of this name if baby is a girl?

DS was named by DH before we started TTC. He came home from work one day and said I've been thinking about names for our next baby, if its a girl I like ... and for a boy I like ... Luckily I liked them both.