+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Birth Centre at RWBH..

I am booked in to have my first child at the birth centre at RWBH. Wondering if anyone has been there... What there experience was like.. If they have any recommendations.. Did any of you have a water birth? Any stories & recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Cassie I went through the birth centre with my daughter. They were really great. Unfortunately when the time came there was no one on duty (during the big pay debarcle with QLD health). One of the nurses came and saw me in the morning. Wish I could go through there again but due to some issues I can't. I know other ppl that have gone through there and had water births and have all had great experiences

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a good experience through the RBWH birth centre (public) and ordinary experience through the RBWH birth suite (private).

I didn't have a long enough labour to warrant a water birth, however, I definitely would have considered this option had I needed it.

You can still go in the bath in the birth suite if you aren't lucky enough to get into the birth centre. Although, officially you must get out of the bath before the actual birth. However, if you bring your own plug and then refuse to get out, the midwives won't force you out.