+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 71
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Far far away!
    Posts
    1,378
    Thanks
    1,403
    Thanked
    1,063
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing. Quick, give me a new book to read! Just finished "The Help", am now feeling a little lost!

    Sent from my GT-N8010 using BubHub

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    721
    Thanks
    219
    Thanked
    109
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For those of you who like fantasy type books you've got to read the farseer trilogy by Robin Hobb!! And then all the rest of hers - love these books!!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    2,302
    Thanks
    1,824
    Thanked
    237
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm really into the supernatural books of late.
    I read the Sookie Stackhouse books last year so now waiting for the next one.
    Then I went onto a different series "Hush Hush" by Becca Fitzpatrick.
    And now I'm up to the fourth book in the Violet Eden series by Jessica Shirvington. So addictive!!

    Next I'm going to read The Hunger Games and then watch the movie.

    I might read the Vampire Diaries books after that as I've started watching the tv series.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked
    25
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie83 View Post
    For those of you who like fantasy type books you've got to read the farseer trilogy by Robin Hobb!! And then all the rest of hers - love these books!!
    Robin hobb is a funny one for me. I devoured her books quickly and found her writing compelling, well written and interesting but did not fall in love with any of her series and i have no desire to own and re-read her books. The Farseer trilogy was the best series in my opinion but I didn't like the ending at all (I'm a sucker for resolution and at least a little happiness). Then most of her other series like the liveship traders I just found that I disliked or was apathetic about the characters. Didn't keep reading the soldier son trilogy beyond the first book.

    i enjoyed Robert Jordan's wheel of time series but found the multiple love triangles, the drawn out will they/won't they/oh yes they will/but now they can't relationships exasperating. Just a bit too bold and the beautiful.

    am planning to try some samples of j r ward too on the recommendations here. Thanks

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    615
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    163
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lol which character!?! Just out of curiosity?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    615
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    163
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StellarMaris View Post
    Robin hobb is a funny one for me. I devoured her books quickly and found her writing compelling, well written and interesting but did not fall in love with any of her series and i have no desire to own and re-read her books. The Farseer trilogy was the best series in my opinion but I didn't like the ending at all (I'm a sucker for resolution and at least a little happiness). Then most of her other series like the liveship traders I just found that I disliked or was apathetic about the characters. Didn't keep reading the soldier son trilogy beyond the first book.

    i enjoyed Robert Jordan's wheel of time series but found the multiple love triangles, the drawn out will they/won't they/oh yes they will/but now they can't relationships exasperating. Just a bit too bold and the beautiful.

    am planning to try some samples of j r ward too on the recommendations here. Thanks
    Jr ward is a romance/vampire/action with a bit of wit thrown into it but each one in the series is based on one couple , but they all link up as the series evolves.the first one is called dark lover. I really enjoyed them and if you like them definitely try Sherrilyn Kenyon as well as they are similar but with a god and goddesses twist to it

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    615
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    163
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh and totally plugging my friends book she just got published last year. The first book is called Vengence born, number 2 is Alliance forged and number 3 comes out in April called Allegiance sworn do out it in your April list ladies. Kylie griffin is the author and can purchase from Book depository, amazon, kindle all the usual places

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Far far away!
    Posts
    1,378
    Thanks
    1,403
    Thanked
    1,063
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok had the farseer trilogy in our ebook archives, will give it a go.

    Sent from my GT-N8010 using BubHub

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,806
    Thanks
    7,267
    Thanked
    9,720
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by risfaerie View Post
    Ok had the farseer trilogy in our ebook archives, will give it a go.

    Sent from my GT-N8010 using BubHub
    Oh I loved these, read them years ago. Must reread!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,806
    Thanks
    7,267
    Thanked
    9,720
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpmakes2 View Post
    Oh and totally plugging my friends book she just got published last year. The first book is called Vengence born, number 2 is Alliance forged and number 3 comes out in April called Allegiance sworn do out it in your April list ladies. Kylie griffin is the author and can purchase from Book depository, amazon, kindle all the usual places
    What are they about?


 
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. TTC in 2013
    By joby84 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-08-2012, 21:38
  2. Ttc 2013
    By SittingWaitingWishingX in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 13-06-2012, 22:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Babybee Prams
Save $50 in our pre-Christmas sale! All Comet's now only $500. Our bassinet & stroller set includes free shipping AUS wide, $75 free accessories, 18-months warranty & a 9 month free return policy. Check out our new designer range today!
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Cryosite Family Cord Blood & Tissue Bank
Cryosite has been providing Cord Blood Banking services for over 12 years, and is the trusted choice of Australian families. To discuss the benefits of banking your baby's cord blood & tissue stem cells call us on 1800 220 410.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!