+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing. Quick, give me a new book to read! Just finished "The Help", am now feeling a little lost!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those of you who like fantasy type books you've got to read the farseer trilogy by Robin Hobb!! And then all the rest of hers - love these books!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm really into the supernatural books of late.
    I read the Sookie Stackhouse books last year so now waiting for the next one.
    Then I went onto a different series "Hush Hush" by Becca Fitzpatrick.
    And now I'm up to the fourth book in the Violet Eden series by Jessica Shirvington. So addictive!!

Next I'm going to read The Hunger Games and then watch the movie.

I might read the Vampire Diaries books after that as I've started watching the tv series.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie83 View Post
    For those of you who like fantasy type books you've got to read the farseer trilogy by Robin Hobb!! And then all the rest of hers - love these books!!
    Robin hobb is a funny one for me. I devoured her books quickly and found her writing compelling, well written and interesting but did not fall in love with any of her series and i have no desire to own and re-read her books. The Farseer trilogy was the best series in my opinion but I didn't like the ending at all (I'm a sucker for resolution and at least a little happiness). Then most of her other series like the liveship traders I just found that I disliked or was apathetic about the characters. Didn't keep reading the soldier son trilogy beyond the first book.

i enjoyed Robert Jordan's wheel of time series but found the multiple love triangles, the drawn out will they/won't they/oh yes they will/but now they can't relationships exasperating. Just a bit too bold and the beautiful.

am planning to try some samples of j r ward too on the recommendations here. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol which character!?! Just out of curiosity?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by StellarMaris View Post
    Robin hobb is a funny one for me. I devoured her books quickly and found her writing compelling, well written and interesting but did not fall in love with any of her series and i have no desire to own and re-read her books. The Farseer trilogy was the best series in my opinion but I didn't like the ending at all (I'm a sucker for resolution and at least a little happiness). Then most of her other series like the liveship traders I just found that I disliked or was apathetic about the characters. Didn't keep reading the soldier son trilogy beyond the first book.

i enjoyed Robert Jordan's wheel of time series but found the multiple love triangles, the drawn out will they/won't they/oh yes they will/but now they can't relationships exasperating. Just a bit too bold and the beautiful.

am planning to try some samples of j r ward too on the recommendations here. Thanks
    Jr ward is a romance/vampire/action with a bit of wit thrown into it but each one in the series is based on one couple , but they all link up as the series evolves.the first one is called dark lover. I really enjoyed them and if you like them definitely try Sherrilyn Kenyon as well as they are similar but with a god and goddesses twist to it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and totally plugging my friends book she just got published last year. The first book is called Vengence born, number 2 is Alliance forged and number 3 comes out in April called Allegiance sworn do out it in your April list ladies. Kylie griffin is the author and can purchase from Book depository, amazon, kindle all the usual places

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok had the farseer trilogy in our ebook archives, will give it a go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by risfaerie View Post
    Ok had the farseer trilogy in our ebook archives, will give it a go.

Oh I loved these, read them years ago. Must reread!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpmakes2 View Post
    Oh and totally plugging my friends book she just got published last year. The first book is called Vengence born, number 2 is Alliance forged and number 3 comes out in April called Allegiance sworn do out it in your April list ladies. Kylie griffin is the author and can purchase from Book depository, amazon, kindle all the usual places
    What are they about?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast