+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Your books of 2013

Usually I'd have now under my belt by now, but I've taken to scrolling through bub hub of a night instead...

January
    Diana Gabaldon's trail of fire.
    Marian Keyes' mystery of mercy close

I'm also rereading Up The Duff - I'm reading each week as I reach it.

I'm planning on rereading all of Diana Gabaldon's outlander series in anticipation of my own heart's blood, which is the new book due out later this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing as I need some more options.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disbride View Post
    Usually I'd have now under my belt by now, but I've taken to scrolling through bub hub of a night instead...

January
    Diana Gabaldon's trail of fire.
    Marian Keyes' mystery of mercy close

I'm also rereading Up The Duff - I'm reading each week as I reach it.

I'm planning on rereading all of Diana Gabaldon's outlander series in anticipation of my own heart's blood, which is the new book due out later this year.
    Oh! I so love outlander- are you rereading them or reading for the first time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My partners away half the time so I read lots when he's away lol. So far this year I have read

James Patterson - now you see her
    Andrew cross - something that I can't remember about the stock market
    Missing you - missing oz unsliced cases
    Lovely bones

An now just reading 'the slap' since I haven't seen the show so want to read it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The Golden Land - Di Morrissey. Love how it introduced me to the country of Burma.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Oh! I so love outlander- are you rereading them or reading for the first time?
    Rereading - it's my favourite series, so I've read them several times.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Disbride For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (28-02-2013),michellek  (01-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disbride View Post
    Rereading - it's my favourite series, so I've read them several times.
    My favourite too! Just got my partner into reading them as well!

I've just reread Sara Donati's Wilderness series - if you love the Outlander books try these!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixie83 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (28-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anne of green gables series
    1-2-3 magic
    The hunger games series, was actually surprised how good the books were after seeing the movie.
    Now uni is back I'm reading Foundations of taxation law 2013, which I'm actually really enjoying

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Last year I loved the Sookie Stackhouse mysteries so i might try some more Charlaine Harris.
    Have you tried Ilona Andrews? Awesome books in my opinion that are in a somewhat similar urban fantasy style to those by charlaine Harris. I started off really liking Charlaine's style of writing but got a little tired of all the blokes lining up desperate to boink sookie (two vampires, her boss, her ex boyfriend, the were cougar, the were wolf and the were tiger, and they are only the ones that spring to mind from the first half a dozen books)

Ilona Andrews has done 2 series. The Edge series, the first book of which is called On the Edge and is a complete story so u don't need to read the rest if u don't like it. It's electronically available. The other series starts with Magic Bites and is also awesome if you like urban fantasy.

i really like her style and her female protagonists have backbone that doesn't turn to mush the first time they come into contact with an 'alpha male'!

January - all the Jeaniene frost books in the night huntress series. Pretty good.

February - i read magician by Raymond e fiest (been meaning to do it for years).
    i have also read Unatural issue, Redoubt and Beauty and the Werewolf by Mercedes Lackey. Pretty good for light reads from the library but I wouldn't buy them. Re-read of the no cry sleep solution (to get my head in the game for the next one!)

um... Probably a few others in the Xmas holidays when I got my amazon gift cards but I can't think what they were.

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of my fab books ever is a stand alone called the Redemption of Althalus by David Eddings. It's a little bit Sci-fi, little bit action lots of wit and humor but very tongue in cheek word play not outright humor. It looks huge but is well worth the read

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bumpmakes2 For This Useful Post:

emmwill  (03-07-2013),Funchu  (28-02-2013)